There is a big difference between emotional and physical attraction or connection when looking for potential partners and people have different preferences regarding which they prefer more. There is no right or wrong answer, it is simply a preference and everyone is different. Some people are more drawn to an emotional connection towards another person right away, even if the immediate physical attraction is not there. In contrast, others are primarily drawn to someone based on physical attraction first, whether or not there is an immediate emotional connection. Which do you prefer physical or emotional attraction? Do you know? I bet we can guess! Answer these few short questions and see if we are right.
1. What types of discussions do you enjoy having with potential partners?
2. Do you consider yourself to have trust issues?
3. Has anyone you dated in the past ever accused you of not being emotionally available in your relationship?
4. Has anyone ever suggested that you might have commitment issues and/or do you believe you have issues with commitment in relationships?
5. What does the word intimacy mean to you?
6. Do you think it’s important to make your partner’s worries and interest your own worries and interests?
7. Which do you prefer?
8. Which is more important to you in a potential partner?
9. Which sounds more like you?
10. What do you think is most important to you in a relationship (be honest!)?