You find yourself in an abusive relationship, but you find it very difficult to walk away because of the attachment. You try to oppose every idea that suggests you walk away and have your peace. Many things aren’t working well, and sometimes you’re confused, and you ask ‘Am I Trauma Bonded”. Well, you’re at the right place to find out. Take this quiz.
1. Do you have personal boundaries in the relationship?
B. To some extent
C. Yes, we do
2. Do you feel emptiness anytime you move away from this person?
A. Yes, I can’t contain it
B. Not necessarily
C. We miss each other and it’s obviously because of love
3. Do you believe you’re supposed to only focus on the good of the relationship?
A. Yes, ignore the bad and focus only on the good
B. No, the bad needs to be addressed and changed
C. We can only make things good if we fix the bad
4. Is your relationship characterized by chaos and daily problems?
A. Yes, but that’s the whole point of relationships, right?
B. We have our bad days but not always
C. I can only count few bad days
5. Do you compromise on your well being to be with this person?
A. Yes, it’s called sacrifice
B. No, I will never do that
C. It’s a toxic thing to do
6. Do you entirely trust your partner?
B. Not really
C. There’s a level of trust
7. Do you oppose people who dare to question your partner about their actions?
A. Yes, always
B. No, they need to be answerable themselves
C. I haven’t had such a situation, but I won’t do that, we all need to be responsible
8. Are you afraid to walk away from the relationship?
A. Yes, I want peace to prevail
B. I try to forgive always
9. Do you make excuses for your partner's behavior towards you?
A. Yes, he abuses me because of something I have done
B. No, I don’t, but we both solve our relationship problems when we have to
C. No I don’t
10. Do you stay in your relationship hoping your partner changes one day?
A. I believe everyone deserves a chance and is capable of change
B. We don’t have major issues
C. We are both learning to be better on a daily basis