A great sense of humor is an important quality in a life partner. The reason for this is simple – humor makes life happier. Psychologists have determined a range of benefits of being fun - such as it encourages connection between people, improves memory and learning skills, increases attractiveness, diffuses conflict, eases the acceptance of new ideas, and build trust. You simply feel better after a good laugh and having a fun partner to be with increases your chances of a healthy and fulfilling relationship. Take this quiz to find out if your spouse is making your life more enjoyable with their humor!
1. How often do you travel together for leisure?
A. At least once a month
B. Every couple of months
C. Several times a year
D. Once a year or more rarely
2. You partner makes a blunder in front of other people. How do they get out of it?
A. They make fun of themselves and make the audience laugh
B. They smile and continue
C. They behave like nothing has happened
D. They don't — they just sink deeper in it and feel embarrassed
3. You tell a great joke – what is your partner’s reaction?
A. They remain indifferent
B. They roll on the floor laughing
C. They have a good laugh
D. They laugh politely
4. someone play a prank on your partner – what is their reaction?
A. They enjoy the prank and even have an idea on how to make the situation funnier
B. They laugh a little
C. They don't say anything
D. They get angry
5. What is your partner’s favorite pastime activity?
A. Playing with kids or pets, outdoor activities
B. Hiking or having long walks
D. Watching TV or spending time on their smartphone
6. Your birthday is coming. What are your partner’s plans?
A. I am sure they are throwing a surprise party for me
B. A romantic dinner
C. Spending the day with some close friends
D. Nothing — it's an ordinary day for them
7. How much time does your partner need to get over a conflict?
C. A couple of days
D. A week
8. It’s a rainy weekend – what activities will your partner propose?
A. Making love all day long
B. Going to see a play or shopping for books
C. Going to the mall
D. Eating in front of the TV
9. When was the last time your partner tickled you?
A. Just moments ago
C. Last week
D. Can't remember
10. What does a regular evening look like for you two?
A. Communicating, hugging, spending time together
B. Cooking something together
C. Watching a movie
D. Spending time separately