Although this phenomenon is quite rare, it can happen that a mother ends up being jealous of your achievements, especially when you end up being happier and wealthier than her. She may feel like there are certain things she could have improved about herself when she was young, in order for her to achieve more or less the same things as you. So, do you think your mother is jealous of you? Take our quiz and find out now.
1. Does your mother criticize your choices all the time?
A. Yes, and sometimes she has some very weird opinions
B. Yes, and she likes comparing you to herself
C. Yes, but then you realize she is quick to do the same thing a few days later
D. Yes, but she always provides a justification for that
2. Do you feel like your mother is trying to sabotage you all the time?
A. Yes, sometimes
B. It's possible
C. Yes, sometimes it feels like she wants to be you
D. You don't think so
3. Does your mother criticize your partner sometimes for no reason?
A. Yes, all the time
D. Yes, many times
4. Do you sometimes feel like your mother resents you for who you are?
A. Yes, she appears to be resentful often
B. No, she loves you too much
D. It's very likely
5. Does your mother compare herself to you, as soon as you are successful?
A. Yes, several time
B. Rarely, but in a good way
C. All the time
6. Does your mother make friends with your friends just to gossip about you?
A. Many times
C. You think so, but you have no proof
D. No, she will never do that to you
7. Is your mother enraged every time something good happens to you?
A. Yes, I have noticed that a few times, for some weird reason
B. Sometimes, it looks like that
C. Many times
D. Not at all
8. Is your mother happy or cheering you up every time something bad happens to you?
C. You don’t find her around most of the times when you are feeling grumpy
D. Not at all
9. Do you stay away from your mother because you know she is jealous of you?
A. Yes, definitely
B. You see her rarely
C. No, because she is still your mother
D. No, you love your mother
10. Has your relationship with your mother changed ever since you’ve started being emancipated?
A. Yes, a lot and for the worse
B. A little bit because she has become more distant
C. Yes, she acts like she is embarrassed to be around so much success
D. No, she is very happy that you’ve made it in life