Understanding someone implies that you communicate effectively with them and accept them completely. Sometimes we need to let go of our preconceived notions and let others talk their hearts out.
Good understanding is vital for the well-being of a couple because it fosters connection and harmony. Take this quiz do you feel that you understand each other to find out if you need to improve your communication skills.
1. Does your partner get jealous easily?
2. How have things changed after you have gotten together?
A. We have fallen hard for each other
B. There have been some misunderstandings
C. Our fights have become regular
D. I think we are growing
3. What does your partner love the most about you?
A. All of me
B. I am not sure
C. That I am independent
D. I think there can be more than one thing
4. If they ever get quiet, what's your first thought?
A. I understand that they need time to process their thoughts
B. I understand that I should leave them alone
C. I get irritated
D. I keep asking questions to know the reason
5. Do you know if they really love you?
B. I am not sure
C. I think so
D. I doubt it
6. Your partner wants to tell you something without being heard in front of other people. How do you achieve this?
A. A look is enough to understand what they are saying
B. Lip reading should do the trick
C. My partner texts me or sends me a note
D. We can't find a way to do it secretly
7. You’ve had a bad day at work. How does your partner react?
A. They understand me immediately and ask if they can provide some comfort
B. They see I am upset and give me space
C. They don't notice anything
D. They don't notice and even make my day worse
8. Do you speak your mind when something is bothering you?
A. Absolutely, good communication is the key to success
B. Most times I do
C. Sometimes I avoid it so I don't make my partner upset
D. No, and I eventually have a nervous breakdown when I am fed up with it
9. What effect do arguments have on you?
A. They help me grow and become wiser
B. They tell me how to improve our relationship
C. They make me sad
D. They make me very angry
10. Do you treat each other with kindness?
B. Most times
11. Do you spend time doing things you both enjoy?
A. Yes, we have the same hobbies
B. We try to do it often
C. We do it occasionally
D. We rarely do it
12. Do you spend time apart doing things you enjoy separately?
A. Yes, and it helps us improve our relationship
B. We should do it more often
D. Never, and I already feel suffocated
13. What happens when you don’t agree on a subject?
A. We agree to disagree without hard feelings
B. We are a bit annoyed but get over it
C. We argue
D. We try to change each other at all costs
14. Are you attracted to your partner?
A. Yes, mind, body, and spirit
B. Not like in the beginning, but I am
D. Not really
15. How is your sexual compatibility?
D. Not satisfactory