For a relationship to foster, it is essential that both the partners are supportive of each other. Being a supportive partner implies creating a safe and trusting relationship wherein your partner can express their thoughts and feelings without fear of judgment.
So, are you a supportive partner? To know the answer and assess yourself, take this simple and quick ‘Are You a Supportive Partner Quiz.’
1. Do you actually ‘listen’ to your partner?
2. Do you respect your partner’s preferences and likings?
A. Their preferences don’t make much sense!
B. Yes, I do
C. Not always
3. If your partner wants to change their career, you would�
A. I am not sure what I would do
B. I would try to understand the reason and support them in making the transition
C. That’s insane! I don’t support such ideas
4. Do you help your partner with the household chores?
C. Sometimes, not always though
5. Do you believe in helping your partner with handling the kids?
B. No, it’s not my cup of tea!
C. I am not sure
6. If your partner is feeling low, you would—
A. Try to perk them up
B. It isn’t a big deal. They should sort their problems themselves
C. I might try talking to them or I might just wait for them to feel better
7. Do you think your partner feels safe and heard in the relationship?
A. Yes, I am sure they do
B. I am not sure
C. They are always complaining
8. Are you okay with your partner’s choice of friends?
B. Not always
9. Do you impose your opinions on your partner?
A. Not at all
B. No, I don’t think so
C. Yes, I don’t have a choice. I need to correct them every now and then
10. If your partner is facing some problems, are you the first person they confide in?
C. Not always