Misogyny can be defined as the belief that one sex is more valuable or superior to another. The term "sexism" was coined to raise awareness of the oppression of girls and women, but in the early 21st century, it was sometimes expanded to include the oppression of all sexes, including men, intersexuals, and transgender people.
These attitudes can also be applied to anyone who expresses their gender in a way that is associated with femininity. So, if you are wondering if you have misogynistic traits or “Am I a misogynist?” take this quiz to find out.
1. Do you often make jokes or comments that demean women?
A. Sometimes I slip up, but I try to avoid it
B. Yes, I find it funny sometimes
C. No, I don't make demeaning jokes about women
2. Do you think women are overly emotional and irrational?
A. Sometimes I catch myself thinking that way
B. Yes, I believe women are more emotional than rational
C. No, I don't see women that way
3. Have you ever dismissed a woman's achievements or ideas without giving them a fair chance?
A. I might have done that in the past, but I'm trying to change
B. Yes, I've done it more than once
C. No, I value women's achievements and ideas equally
4. Do you feel uncomfortable when a woman is in a position of authority over you?
A. Sometimes I find it a bit odd
B. Yes, I feel uncomfortable with female authority figures
C. No, I'm comfortable with both male and female leaders
5. How do you react when a woman disagrees with you?
A. I try to listen and understand her perspective
B. Sometimes I get defensive and dismissive
C. I often feel irritated or angry when a woman disagrees with me
6. Do you categorize women as “marriage material” or “non-marriage material?”
C. No, never
7. Do you have a general distrust of women?
A. It depends
B. Yes, kind of
8. Do you find it weird when women talk about their desires and preferences?
9. Do you believe that attractive women are not smart?
B. No, not at all
10. Do you believe women are bad drivers?
A. Yes, that is true
C. No, never
11. Have you ever shared a woman's photograph without her acknowledgment or permission?
B. No, never
12. Have you ever used your position of power to persuade a woman to do something you wanted her to do?
A. Once or twice
B. No, never
13. Have you ever thought that a successful woman "slept her way to the top"?
A. This varies greatly. I, like other people, can have those feelings at times
B. Yes, I have
C. No, that is a horrible way to look at things
14. Do you interrupt women when they are speaking because you believe your point is more important?
A. No, never
B. Sometimes I do that
C. Yes, usually
15. Lastly, do you believe that "good girls" are those who are attractive and amicable, never get angry and let men in their lives do whatever they want?
A. Just sometimes