Have you ever met someone who seems to have an oozing sex appeal and you just feel that insatiable connection with them but you know that it’s not romantic?
It’s where you can imagine yourself with this person and you know that it’s not just about conversations while having coffee? We all know that we’re feeling sexual attraction here but do you sometimes wonder why this happens or do you feel guilty when you feel this way for another person even if you are already in a relationship?
Don’t worry, it’s perfectly normal and all of us will feel it either we admit it or not.
What is a sexual attraction?
The sexual attraction is when a person gets interested or attracted to someone who meets their sexual choices.
It’s when our body and mind is drawn to someone who would be a good mate for us, as science describes it. While we may think that it’s all about physical appearances such as beauty or vital statistics – sexual attraction can happen due to a number of reasons.
A person’s actions, the way she or he talks to the way he or she smells can play a huge factor.
What is sexual attraction to you?
You may experience being sexually attracted to someone who is just so physically appealing and you can also get attracted to someone who talks sexy. It can happen differently each time but expect that it will happen more than once.
It’s how our minds and body react to a specific person.
What does sexual attraction feel like?
You might ask yourself what does sexual attraction feel like?
For some people, they would describe it as being drawn to someone where you just want to be closer to this person and be sexually intimate. When you are together, you feel the sexual tension between the two of you. Where being close to this person makes you feel alive inside and a simple touch or a hug gives you that warm and sexy feeling inside of you.
What causes sexual attraction? We’re feeling this because it’s human nature. Just like animals, we release pheromones and it can help us find a mate. It may not be evident today but it’s still there.
There can be many reasons why we get sexually attracted to someone. Sometimes, even without effort, even without us knowing – we are already attracting someone. This is how it works. You can just find yourself feeling a strong sexual attraction to a certain person but how do you know if it’s really sexual or romantic?
Romantic VS Sexual Attraction
Romantic vs sexual attraction can be quite challenging to differentiate for some.
Sometimes, we are drawn to a person because of sexual attraction but later on, we see that we aren’t actually compatible with each other and what we are feeling was just strong sexual tension.
However, we can also be attracted to someone romantically and we can even fall in love with this person but we may have little sexual attraction. This can happen and a whole lot of different scenarios too.
There can also be instances where sexual attraction leads to romantic feelings because the more we become intimate with someone, the more we get closer to falling in love. So, consider yourself lucky to be romantically and sexually attracted to the same person.
Here are different signs to look for so you can better know if you’re sexually or romantically attracted to someone.
You’re sexually attracted to someone if –
- You find yourself deeply lost with this person. You’re drawn to this person and just when your eyes meet, you know you want to be closer to him or her.
- You can’t help but be flirtatious because it’s the science of sexual attraction. Our mind and body will also show signs that it has found a good mate. Even with how you talk, act, and even touch. It’s inevitable not to flirt.
- You become a little bit self-conscious with how you act and talk with this person because you might be aware how naughty your thoughts are getting and well, you can’t wait to make a move or get a hint.
- The more you’re with this person, the more you want him or her more. The slow burn is not just exciting, it’s also addicting. It may feel that it’s so hard to contain yourself.
You’re romantically attracted to someone if –
- You find yourself having many similarities with this person. This gives both of you more reasons to talk and be closer. It’s like time flies when you’re with him or her.
- You can see yourself being with this person for a long time. You might even imagine yourself having a family and getting married.
- You’re romantically compatible if you want to grow better with this person. You can see yourself being a better person while allowing the other person to grow as an individual as well.
- You can cuddle and be with each other for hours and talking about everything without thinking about anything sexual.
Feeling sexual attraction when you’re in a relationship
As we now understand how sexual attraction works and how it can affect us, surely some of you might already be in a situation where you feel a strong sexual attraction towards another person while you’re on a relationship.
Sadly, for some, this is the main cause of cheating. We have to understand that this is inevitable.
We will experience a time where we would be attracted to someone else even if we are in a relationship but truth is, we can overcome this with self-control.
Just remember that you are committed and if you can avoid situations where you will be close to the person you’re attracted to, then that’s better.
Sexual attraction is something that we will all feel and it shouldn’t alarm us. Instead, understanding how it works will give us a better insight into how we can determine what we really feel.
Being attracted to someone is always a good thing as long as we know our limitations and our own feelings.