Your dating IQ says a lot about your ability and willingness to be the best partner possible in a potential relationship. Understanding your strengths and weaknesses can be a great way to learn about your dating style while finding out if you’re a desirable mate. What is your dating IQ? Are you someone who is attentive, caring, and considerate when it comes to dating? Could your dating skills use some serious work? Take this quiz to find out what your dating IQ really says about you.
1. How do you let someone know you are romantically interested in them?
A. I use a few standard pickup lines and tell them they’re hot
B. I smile, give eye contact, and have engaging conversations
C. I don’t usually have to do anything; they need to approach me
2. How often do you reach out to the person you’re dating by texting or calling them?
A. I make an effort to talk to them daily
B. Once or twice a week seems good enough
C. Whenever I want to hookup
3. What qualities are most important to you in a relationship?
A. A physically attractive partner
B. A strong emotional connection
C. Red hot passion in the bedroom
4. Whose needs are the most important in a relationship?
A. My needs are always first and foremost
B. The needs of my partner are more important to me
C. Our needs should be equally important
5. What is your biggest pet peeve when it comes to dating?
A. When my date only talks about themselves and isn't interested in getting to know me
B. When my date acts disinterested and is always on their phone
C. When someone isn’t good looking enough for my standards
6. Have you ever been in love before?
A. Oh yeah, I fall in love all the time
B. I have been in love once or twice
C. No way, I'm not capable of getting that deep
7. The person you are dating has many friends of the opposite sex. How do you feel?
A. I'm a jealous person and I would not be okay with that
B. I'm totally fine with it; I’m confident enough not to feel threatened
C. I would make sure that they cut off all ties with any friends I disapprove of
8. How long ago was your last relationship?
A. Just a few weeks ago. I'm quick to get into new relationships
B. Over six months ago
C. Years ago
9. When you are dating someone, what would you consider to be an ultimate deal-breaker?
A. Being unfaithful
B. Not giving me all the attention
C. I'm very fussy and even the little things would be a deal-breaker for me
10. How confident are you in your ability to plan a memorable date?
A. Extremely confident as I put a lot of effort into the details
B. I don't care enough to plan extravagant dates
C. Moderately confident, but I could probably try harder