Relationships have their struggles, pain, tears, and arguments. But when there's a persistent atmosphere of nonchalance and a disregard for one's emotion and opposite opinions, we can consider that an ambivalent relationship. "Do You Have An Ambivalent Marriage?" Take this quiz to find out.
1. Do you share emotional intimacy with your partner?
A. It’s been a long while
B. Yes, always
C. Yes, except on days we argue
2. Does your partner include you in their plans?
A. No, not really
B. Yes, a lot of times
3. How confused are you about your marriage?
A. Extremely confused
B. Not at all confused
C. A little
4. Is your partner always critical of you?
A. Yes, everything I do
B. Not really, we both talk about things we don’t like about each other
C. Subtly, yes
5. Do you fear that your marriage might end?
A. I think about it a lot
B. No, I’m confident in my marriage
6. Does your partner express their feelings to you?
A. No, not at all
B. Yes, a lot
C. Just a couple of times
7. Do you feel your partner understands your needs?
A. No, my partner doesn’t understand my needs
B. Yes, on some level
C. I have to outline my needs all the time
8. Do you feel you and your partner always have opposing ideas or beliefs?
A. We argue about everything
B. Yes, but we’re able to resolve them
C. A couple of times
9. Do you fear opening up to your partner?
A. Yes, I fear for the mistreatment and anger flare ups
B. No, not at all
C. Yes, sometimes it’s weird
10. Who do you turn to for help?
A. My family and friends
B. My partner and sometimes my friends
C. I try to resolve it myself