Do you feel like no matter what you do, nothing is good enough for your husband? Do you try to put in the extra effort so he notices you more and appreciates you, but nothing seems to work? Is it possible that your husband is a jerk? If you are asking yourself these questions and looking for answers, you have probably gotten to the point where you are fed up and need to know if your husband is a jerk. Take this quiz now to find out!
1. Do you feel like you have the same arguments over and over and every time he brings up the same things that never get resolved?
A. Yes, all of the time
B. That has happened, but it isn’t all the time
C. Lately, yes
D. Not really
2. Does he criticize your past and/or use it against you to belittle you or try to humiliate you?
A. Yes, all of the time
B. Rarely, he hardly talks.
C. Sometimes, when he is overwhelmed
D. No, not that I can recall
3. Does he exert a level of control over you regarding what you wear, how you spend money, how he expects you to behave, who you are spending time with, etc.?
A. Yes, frequently
C. It happens when he is keyed up
4. Do you feel like he is often trying to bring you down, or is he mostly lifting you up?
A. Definitely, he tries to bring me down whenever he can
B. He doesn’t do any of it; he is the quiet type.
C. Usually, he is my cheerleader, but lately, it seems like all he does is bring me down
D. He is usually my cheerleader
5. Do you feel like your husband is the type to get jealous over your successes/achievements, or does he join in the celebration?
A. Definitely jealous!
B. Most of the time, he would join in the celebration, but sometimes I feel he does have a jealous side.
C. Right now, I would say he is mostly jealous of anything good that happens in my life or any time I experience a success
D. He is definitely celebrating right by my side!
6. Do you equally share responsibilities in your relationship?
A. No, He barely does anything
B. We split the responsibilities, but he doesn’t always hold up his end of the bargain
C. Most of the time, I have to ask him for help; he won’t just do what needs to be done or help me when I am doing chores
D. Most of the time, we do
7. Does he make you feel like no one else would want you?
A. Yes, all the time
B. I am not sure
C. He is just too edgy as of now. So, sometimes he does say things that hurt me.
D. No, he doesn’t ever say things like that or make me feel that way.
8. Do you feel like your mood/behaviors are dictated by what kind of mood your husband has?
A. Yes, definitely
C. Lately, yes!
9. Does your husband appear to have a lot more downtime than you do?
A. Definitely. He is always “relaxing,” and I never get to
B. Sometimes, but not always
C. He does right now, but he is not normally like this
D. No, I think we have the same amount
10. Does your husband have a good relationship with his mother?
A. No, not at all
B. It is reasonably good, but generally, he doesn’t talk much.
C. Yes, but he is too worked up to spend time with her.