Do you ever feel like you are putting in most of the work around the house or with other responsibilities in your marriage? Do you feel like your husband just expects you to take care of things while he just sits back and relaxes? Do these things seem to cause frequent arguments in your marriage? You may have been wondering, “Is my husband lazy?”rnIf you can relate to the questions above, you might be feeling like you have a husband who is lazy, selfish, or unappreciative of everything you do. You may be sick of having the same fights over and over about how you are always the one taking care of things, planning things, or just trying to do things you know will make him happy and rarely getting the same in return. Do you have a lazy husband, or is it something else? Take this quiz to find out.
1. Is this something new you are noticing in your husband, or has he always been this way?
A. I think he always has been, but I just didn’t notice as much as I do now
B. He’s always been this way
C. He has not always been this way
2. Does your husband have any household responsibilities that he routinely does i.e., cooking, washing dishes, taking out the trash, cutting the grass, etc.?
A. No, I do all of that
B. Not regularly; he will only do them when I nag him about it
C. He used to, but not anymore
3. What does he typically do while you are doing things around the house?
A. Watch TV, play video games, sit on his phone, etc.
B. Go out with his friends or do things at home that he wants to be doing
C. Working or sleeping
4. Does your husband get annoyed with you if you are too tired or not in the mood for sex?
B. Yes, he never seems to care if I am too exhausted or not in the mood. He still expects it whenever he wants it.
C. No, he doesn’t seem much interested in sex lately
5. Does your husband clean up after himself?
A. No, never. No matter how much I do to try to keep things clean, it seems like he doesn’t even consider that and makes more of a mess
B. Sometimes, but only if I remind him to
C. He used to always, but not so much anymore
6. Does he act like his responsibilities and/or job is more important/stressful than yours?
A. Yes, all the time
B. He doesn’t ever say that, but he thinks everything he does at work is enough, and he shouldn’t have to be bothered with doing more when he gets home from work
C. He just seems very consumed with work, and it overwhelms him, but he never compares it to what I have to do
7. Do you frequently argue over marital responsibilities?
A. Yes, all the time
B. Sometimes, that’s the only way to get through to him
C. We never used to, but recently we have been
8. Does he ever use manipulation or threats to get his way and not have to make any changes?
9. Have you ever tried to sit down and split up the responsibilities evenly, so you both know what is expected?
A. I have tried that, but it seems like if I don’t do things myself, they just never get done
B. No, I have not tried that
C. We used to share them evenly, but not anymore
10. Have you ever tried to tell him what you want/need from him to make this better?
A. Yes, but he is unwilling to compromise and see things from my point of view. He can never understand where I am coming from and doesn’t even try.
B. No, I have not
C. I have tried, but it just seems like he has no desire to change right now.