Anger management is a common issue for couples these days. Constantly removing your frustrations on your partner will surely have a negative impact on your relationship or even destroy it. It’s important to avoid using your partner as a punching bag and treat them with respect. So, do you get angry with your partner?
1. Do people around you complain about your temper?
A. All the time
2. What is your reaction when your partner criticizes you?
A. I get very angry
B. I feel annoyed
C. I am not pleased, but listen to them anyway
D. I accept criticism without feeling angry
3. Are you grumpy around your partner?
A. Almost all the time
B. 75% of the time
C. 50% of the time
D. Maybe 25% of the time
4. When something goes wrong, whose fault is it?
A. Definitely not mine!
B. Most times it's other people's
C. Sometimes mine, other times my partner's
D. I think everyone has some kind of fault
5. Do you mind when your partner is asking you questions?
A. It really gets on my nerves
B. Yes, moderately
C. A bit
D. Not at all
6. Is your partner afraid to talk to you?
A. They have complained about walking on eggshells around me multiple times
7. Do you keep your partner awake at night to tell them things they’ve done wrong?
8. Do you fight with your partner in front of family members and friends?
A. Yes, we do it all the time
9. Do you apologize to your partner if you’ve done something wrong?
A. No, because they will take advantage of it
B. No, I don't think it's worth it
D. Almost every time
10. Do you resort to name calling when you get angry?
A. Yes, often