Many new relationships end a short while after the winter holidays – if you give it a thought, it has probably happened to you too. The thing is, Christmas can put enormous pressure and expectations on people. Although it is a celebration of love and the marking of a new beginning, we tend to have huge expectations from Christmas due to its depiction in popular culture and the media. Families are supposed to come together and have a wonderful and loving time, and you have to find the perfect gift for everyone. Of course, you are also expected to have a lot of fun in the meanwhile. Tricky, isn’t it? This quiz will tell you if you can effectively manage the holiday season and not let your relationship be affected by it. So take this can your relationship survive Christmas quiz to find out where you are lacking.
1. How do you plan your activities for Christmas?
A. Loosely, I like to be spontaneous about it
B. I discuss activity ideas with everyone
C. I argue a lot with my partner
D. I simply have things the way I want them
2. Do you both make an effort to be a secret Santa for each other?
A. Yes. We love it
B. We try our best
C. If we have enough time
D. I don't think so
3. If there is a disagreement about Christmas plans, how will you manage the situation?
A. We will talk and sort it out
B. We will discuss the options
C. One of us will probably back down
D. We both will go with our separate plans
4. How stressed are you at the idea that Christmas is coming?
A. No stress whatsoever, I look forward to it
B. A little but it's not pain
C. Moderately, it's a work in progress
D. Very stressed
5. Will you both trust each other with couple - Christmas cards?
B. Most likely
6. Are you and your partner feeling emotionally stable in this festival season?
A. Yes, we are great
B. Most of the time
C. Only when we are occupied
D. I don't think so
7. How does Christmas time with the extended family look like?
A. We try to make the best of it and avoid hot topics
B. We tolerate each other somehow
C. Everybody pretends they're happy
D. We end up rowing because of old family tensions
8. What gets you both most excited about Christmas?
B. Spending it together
D. We aren't that excited
9. What are your buying present habits?
A. We talk about the budget and agree on a suitable amount of money
B. We blow a lot of money
C. We buy presents without admitting how much they cost
D. Each one buys their own presents because we are clueless about the partner's preferences
10. How would you like to decorate your Christmas tree this year?
A. With everyone's favorite decorations and gifts
B. With the choice of you and your partner
C. Whatever seems easy
D. Just lights
11. Which Christmas song are you?
A. Twelve days of Christmas
B. Sleigh ride
C. Please come home for Christmas
D. Blue Christmas
12. The Christmas evening doesn’t come out as you had expected. What is your reaction?
A. Accept graciously and forget about it without much of a fuss
B. I am a little disappointed but I get over it in a few days
C. I pretend I am fine but in fact, I am ready to explode
D. I get into an argument with my partner because they are to blame for this
13. Your partner buys you a silly present for Christmas. How do you react?
A. Enjoy the gift
B. Feel a bit disappointed
C. Tell them I expect the real gift soon
D. Show my anger and disappointment and bring back hot topics from the past
14. How is a talk between you and your partner about the upcoming holiday season?
A. Relaxed with a sense of pleasant anticipation
B. Funny, it all sounds like a big party
C. Tensed, everything seems in disorder
D. It usually ends up in a fight
15. You want to spend Christmas at home, but your partner has a completely different plan. What do you choose?
A. I consider their idea this year - maybe I can enjoy something different this time
B. I try to find a way to compromise
C. I tell them this is not my habit
D. I get very angry about it and feel annoyed with the situation
16. What do you think first when you hear Christmas?
A. Doing something special as a couple
B. Spending time with family and friends
C. Visiting all the families around the country
D. Avoiding the in-laws
17. Have you two celebrated Christmas before?
B. Yes, but not with family
C. Not together
18. How are preparations for Christmas in your case?
A. I get help from the entire family and don't allow this to stress me
B. I leave everything to the last minute, it's not such a big deal
C. I do everything myself because I like to be in control
D. I am dreaded at the idea of having to please everyone
19. Do you frequently celebrate special occasions together?
20. Do you have the same taste when it comes to Christmas celebrations?
C. Not really
D. Complete apart