The term "people pleaser" refers to an individual who makes a considerable effort and drains their energy into making a good public appearance or pleasing people with their image. It stems from insecurity and imbalance, as one who suffers from these things needs reassurance and attention from others to validate it. People pleasers use their energy, put it all into their ego, and make it seem like a great personality when inside, they mask who they are from insecurity. Take this are you a people pleaser quiz, to find out.
1. Are you a kind person, but purposefully exaggerate it in front of people?
C. I am kind, but I don't exaggerate it
2. Do you make a serious effort into making others happy?
3. Do you feel exhausted after a day of working with people?
C. Not at all
4. Do you feel like an actor or actress in front of people?
5. Do you show raw emotions in front of people?
A. Not really
6. Do you find yourself running away from conflict?
A. All the time
B. At times
7. Is apologizing something you do, even if it wasn't your fault?
8. How highly do you think of yourself?
A. Not highly
B. Somewhat high
C. Very highly
9. Do you exhaust all social techniques, just to get people to like you?
B. It depends
10. Do you show your true opinions?
A. Never or rarely