There are a lot of signs to show if you’re the controlling type in your relationship. If you’re the type that dictates for your partner, you make decisions alone without her consent or you don’t allow her to visit her friends, trying to keep her away from her friends and family then it appears you’re controlling in your relationship. Controlling behavior can affect a relationship, and sometimes you might not know you’re being controlling until your relationship begins to face irreparable damage. If you want to know if you’re being controlling in your relationship, this ‘Am I Controlling in My Relationship Quiz’ will guide you on what you should look out for.
1. Do you interfere with your partner’s external relationships?
A. Of course
2. Do you ask too many questions?
A. All the time
C. Not all the time
3. Do you always go through your partner’s phone or social media accounts?
A. Not all the time but once in a while
B. All the time
C. I don't do it at all
4. Do you always call or text to monitor your partner’s movement?
A. Yes, I just feel it’s very necessary
B. No, I make sure I don’t overdo it
C. Most times
5. Do you dictate what your partner does?
B. Not at all
6. Are you isolating your partner from her friends and families?
A. No, why should I do such a thing?
7. Do you always want your partner’s focus on you?
A. All the time
C. On occasion
8. Do you always want your partner to be around you?
A. Not all the time
9. Are you the only one that makes decisions in the relationship?
B. All the times
10. Do you always criticize everything your partner does?
A. Yes, but that’s necessary for them to take the right decision