A marriage proposal is a once in a lifetime occurrence.
You will want to make your proposal count. There are many different ways to propose to your partner, some are sweet, others are fun or adventurous others nostalgic, and then there’s everything else in between!
Here is a list of different ways to propose that inspired us
1. Inspire nostalgia
As a couple, you’ve already created many memories together.
You’ll have had the fun, beautiful, romantic and bittersweet times that will never leave you. So, what would be a better way to propose than to bring some of those memories into a nostalgic proposal?
It sure is a romantic but different way to propose. But, how far you go with it will be entirely up to you though.
● Create a mini-movie of your memories
You could create a mini-movie of your memories together and then propose at the end.
You could recreate your first holiday together physically, or your first date and find different ways to propose, using anything and everything you have experienced together in the past.
● Have friends call or text your partner
A fun way to incorporate some nostalgia is to have friends call or text your partner throughout the day to chat and then leave one word of the proposal either in code or as plain as day.
Each message or call received is another word of your proposal.
Make the friends call or text in order of when you met them or how important they are to you both.
Example – If somebody fixed you up when you first met, have them make the first call and make sure that you are the last one to leave a message, ideally in person with a ring ready.
Then go out with everyone to celebrate in the evening.
2. Take advantage of the holiday season
There are plenty of different ways to propose over the holidays too, whether that’s a seasonal holiday or a vacation. Either option provides lots of inspiration and unique but memorable moments and scenes to create an interesting and memorable proposal.
- Wrapping up the engagement ring to be opened on Christmas day.
- Head out ice skating and get down on one knee in the middle of the ice rink.
- If Halloween is your partner’s favorite holiday, throw a Halloween party and give her a spooky engagement surprise.
3. Simple but perfect
Simple proposals are also hugely understated.
Can you think of anything more romantic than your partner cooking you a romantic meal while asking you in private if you will marry them?It is an intimate moment right there that is often so overlooked.
To add to the simple ideas, you could consider these different ways to propose simply.
4. Leave a surprise message
There is a cute, fun, intimate and perfect way to propose.
- Write in lipstick on the mirror
- Leave a note in your partner’s lunch pack
- Casually drop it in conversation (on purpose)
- Attach the ring and a note to your pet.
- Hide the proposal in your partner’s breakfast bowl so when they have their breakfast they find it
5. Get romantic
- Create a trail of flowers that lead to the ring
- Take your partner out, sweep her off her feet and then propose at the end of it all.
- Buy some chocolates and switch one chocolate out for the ring.
- Write her a love note, a well-considered love note that really conveys how you feel about her and why you want to marry her and as she is reading it, get down on one knee and pop the question.
6. Have fun
- Create a quiz, where the prize is the ring, or the clues to the quiz spell out your proposal
- Create a treasure hunt
- Blindfold your partner and lead her to a romantic location where you can propose, you could even create a picnic
- If you goof around together, turn the proposal into a joke, or a prank and at the end of the prank (not as part of it) propose to her
- Write your proposal in sand, snow, dirt or in the air with skywriting
There are so many different ways to propose. This list is just a small representation of the endless possibilities that are out there.
The best advice we can give though is to make it personal by aligning your proposal to match her personality and both of your tastes.
If your partner hates the spotlight, it’s probably not a good idea to do a public proposal. If however, she loves it, make sure that the light is shining brightly on her.
Don’t make your proposal all formal if that’s not how you generally interact with each other. Do it in your style as a couple, and it will be the most perfect way to propose plus she’ll be delighted that you put so much effort in.