There are a lot of books about marriage out there—books about common marriage problems, activity books for married couples, books about getting through the first years of marriage, just to name a few—but there are some books which stand out from the crowd in a good way. Love Life for Every Married Couple is one of those books.
The book, written by Ed Wheat and Gloria Oakes Perkins, is not your standard self-help marriage book: it is something truly special that every married couple can benefit from.
Let’s take a closer look at this amazing, highly recommended book called Love Life for Every Married Couple.
Love Life for Every Married Couple is unique
What makes it one of the best marriage books for couples?
There is no doubt that there are a lot of great books about marriage out there–but what makes ‘Love Life for Every Married Couple’ so unique is Ed Wheat’s approach to marriage and his approach to nurturing love in married couples.
A lot of self-help marriage books focus on the negative, but Wheat’s book encourages couple instead to nurture and promote the positive in a physical, mental, emotional and spiritual sense, making it one of the best marriage help books.
For example: Love Life for Every Married Couple features two chapters which specifically focus on the physical aspect of marriage and love.
In “Love Life for Every Married Couple”, Wheat recognizes the importance of physical attraction as well as physical touch and sensation in any relationship, particularly marriage; physical touch and appreciation is all part of the emotional bond required for any solid marriage, and what does not ignore its importance.
In Love Life for Every Married Couple, the author will walk you through the ways of improving your marriage through sharing, touching, appreciating and focusing healing attention on your spouse.
It talks about five different types of love in the Greek
- Epithumia (strong desire or impulse)
- Eros (romantic, passionate, and emotional)
- Storge (love shared by parents and children or siblings)
- Phileo (companionship, closeness, compassion)
- Agape (the most unselfish form of love that has the capacity to keep on giving)
If you are looking at tools for restoring your marriage or emerge stronger as a couple after experiencing a rough patch in your relationship with your spouse, this book can be your most useful guide.
It has a christian message without being preachy
It’s not unusual for books about marriage and relationships to be written from a religious standpoint—after all, religion often plays a huge role in the concept of love and marriage, particularly as they relate to sticking together ‘for better or worse.’
However, if there is one common criticism lobbied against marriage books written from a Christian standpoint, it’s that they have a tendency to become too preachy, especially when it comes to couples who are having difficulty overcoming marriage obstacles.
And unfortunately, most people do not respond well to texts that they consider too preachy, especially when they are already going through the emotional stress of a marriage problem.
Wheat’s book “Love Life for Every Married Couple” is refreshing: the Christian message and Christian standpoint is there, but it never feels overwhelming, over the top, or preachy to the reader.
In “Love Life for Every Married Couple”, Wheat recognizes the importance of Christian couples to include a religious context to their problems, but never forces the issue in a way that other books do.
Love Life for Every Married Couple – Where to get it
Love Life for Every Married Couple is currently still in print and is available from most major online retailers that sell books. Love life for every married couple pdf
The book may also be available at physical bookstores, although you should ideally call and check their stock before heading down to look for the book.
You can also find more affordable copies of “Love Life for Every Married Couple” for sale at retailers which sell used books—and, if you would like to avoid spending any money, you can also search for the title at your local library.
If you find your marriage shrouded with distrust and anger, also read : Love after marriage book. The book shares some effective strategies to promote a loving transparency, vulnerability and lasting intimacy in relationships.
What are the other useful pieces of advice that marriage advice books give to help you navigate the choppy waters of marital turbulence?
- Continue championing each other through out smallest of victories and biggest of tribulations.
- Love between married couples often dwindles due to unrealistic expectation setting. Set realistic expectations in a marriage so you are aware of your partner’s needs and vice versa and can work together at becoming a healthy couple who know how to manage marriage expectations.
- Most books on love and marriage talk about building a strong financial compatibility and operating as a unit to manage marriage finances , even if it means engaging in some unsexy conversations about money.
- Several love and marriage books underline the significance of learning attachments styles in a relationship for a stronger foundation of a healthy relationship. Understand your and your partner’s attachment styles in the marriage to enjoy a safe and intimate relationship.
- Understand that you can’t change your partner, don’t give them ultimatums or pressurize them, instead learn to work through your own internal conflicts and try to be the change you wish to see in your spouse. Lead by example.