Having a baby is a great thing but there’s a possibility that you may not bond with your child right away. Is it because of the fear of having to care for such a small human being, or is it that all of the sudden you are having second thoughts about bringing this baby into the world? It could also be that you’ve had a very difficult pregnancy with no support from your loved ones and you feel completely exhausted with the impossibility to feel emotional about anything. If you feel one or more of these emotions, take our quiz and find out if it could be postpartum depression.
1. Do you feel more tired or depressed now that you have your baby?
A. You feel more depressed
B. Sometimes depressed other times tired
C. Most of the time you are tired
D. None of the above
2. Do you lock yourself in a room to cry when your baby cries?
D. You used to do it the first few weeks after you came back home but not anymore
3. Do ignore your baby while he is crying?
A. Yes, because you can't take anymore
C. Most of the time
D. No, your heart breaks when he cries
4. Do you often call your mother for help?
A. Yes, all the time because you want nothing to do with this baby
B. Yes, but only when you have no other choices
C. Not really, because you can manage on your own
D. Yes, so she can teach you a thing or two about babies
5. Do you feel like you need to hire a nanny for help?
A. Yes, absolutely
B. No, because you've got everything under control
C. Maybe in the future but for now you can manage
D. Yes, sometimes you do feel this way and you regret feeling this way all the time
6. Do you regret having a baby now?
A. Yes, you do
B. No, you love your little one very much
C. Sometimes you do, but it's because it's very challenging for you
D. No, but you are too depressed to love him
7. Do you feel love for your baby, right now?
C. No, because he cries too much
D. Yes, but you are too fragile right now to be a good mother
8. Do you often get mad at your baby, blaming him about the situation?
C. Most of the time
9. Have you been prescribed with any medication to deal with your postpartum situation?
B. You used to but not anymore
C. Not, yet because you haven't been diagnosed
D. No, you never really needed any
10. Are you comfortable with nursing your baby?
C. Only when you feel sleepy
D. Yes, because it is painful and it is something new to you