Are you wrecking your love life? Our childhood experiences shape us in a variety of ways, not the least of which is how our early attachments to our parents shape our mental models of how relationships work.
A secure man or woman may be initially attracted to an avoidant partner as they may appear fiercely independent, mysterious, and a challenge. But you will eventually realize that the thrill of the chase isn't worth it and that their needs for intimacy and sharing aren't being met. As a result, this quiz will provide an answer to the main question that has been bothering you!
1. Are you happy with your current romantic situation?
A. I am truly happy
B. To be honest, things could be better, but it's fine for now
C. No, I’m not
2. Would you cheat on a partner whether you loved them or not?
A. Yes, it’s not a big deal
C. Unless there is a compelling reason to do so
3. Would you dump your partner for someone better?
B. Why should I do that
C. Maybe, not sure
4. In five years, where do you see yourself?
A. No idea, we’ll see
B. Flirt and have sex with strangers
C. I see myself still in love with my current partner
5. How did you meet your current partner?
A. They are the brightest student in the class
B. In a bar
C. a dating app/social media
6. How do you feel when your partner goes on a friends' night out?
A. Why would they go out when they have me
B. Everyone should be able to enjoy themselves
C. What a pleasant idea! But they shouldn't linger too long
7. What has been the most significant issue of your relationship thus far?
B. Lack of interest
8. What is the most important thing in a relationship?
9. Are you good at critiquing yourself?
10. Lastly, do you feel the need for a partner?
A. Yes, if it's the right person
B. Yes, people are designed to stay in pairs
C. Monogamy is for losers, not for winners