Texting someone you like or love is normal, but there’s a very thin line between texting normally and texting immoderately.
Texting him imprudently is undesirable as it can make you appear clingy or pushy and irritate him to the hilt.
So, do you think that you are texting him too much? Well, take this ‘Am I Texting Him Too Much Quiz’ to know if you are doing it for real or if it is just in your head.
1. What are your texts usually about?
A. Nothing specific, I don’t need a reason to text him
B. The texts are usually work-related or to check if he is doing okay
2. Do you sound redundant in your texts?
A. Maybe / Yes
B. No, I don’t think so
3. Suppose you have spent a good amount of time with the guy, would you start texting him immediately after saying goodbye?
A. Yes, I love staying in touch with him
B. No, I would text him only if it’s important
4. Does the guy text you on his own?
B. No / Usually I text him first
5. Do you feel that the guy avoids you?
B. Yes / Sometimes, I feel so
6. Has he tried to convey directly or indirectly that you text him too much?
7. Does he promptly respond to your texts?
A. He is pretty prompt in responding
B. He takes a long time to respond
8. Does he text you as frequently as you do?
A. Yes / Almost
9. Suppose the guy doesn’t respond to your texts soon enough, you:
A. Keep texting him till he texts me back or call him to ask why he didn’t text back
B. I will wait for his response or I will call him only if it is urgent
10. Are your texts usually thoughtful?
A. Mostly, yes
B. Not necessarily
11. Have you ever received one word replies even though you sent a long and thoughtful text to him?
A. Yes, and these are conversation killers
B. No, I haven’t yet
12. How often have you texted him in the last 3 days?
A. I've texted him so many times
B. A few times
13. Are you afraid of losing him?
14. What is the status of your relationship?
A. We are dating
B. We are in a relationship
15. How does he treat you?
A. He treats me like an option or burden
B. He treats me in a loving and indulgent manner