Having a wedding organized and that marriage certificate you keep in your personal files doesn’t mean you can automatically call yourself partners for real. We often see married couples growing apart to the point where their home is just a living space and their relationships look more like being roommates than a romantic couple. Is this your case, too? Take this quiz to find out how close you are to each other and discover if you two are a couple or just roommates.
1. How do you react when your spouse makes a friend of the opposite gender?
A. I trust them
B. I am rather jealous
C. I keep an eye on this
D. I really don't care
2. How often do you express love?
A. We say "I love you" every day
3. When was the last time you complimented your spouse?
B. A few days ago
C. Last month
D. I can't remember
4. What is the first thing you say to your spouse when you come home?
A. I missed you!
B. How was your day?
C. My boss is such a jerk!
D. I'm busy, leave me alone!
5. Do you still flirt with each other?
A. Yes, constantly
B. Yes, sometimes
6. Do you have inside jokes, like a story about a date gone wrong in your early days?
A. Yes, and nobody else seems to think they are funny
B. Yes, and we often tell them to our friends and laugh together
C. Not really
D. Not at all
7. What is your priority in life?
A. Our relationship
B. Our family
C. Our friends
D. Money, career
8. What is the role of alone time for you?
A. Exploring my unique passions
B. Taking a break from everyday life
C. Avoiding growing sick of my partner
D. Getting rid of my marital issues
9. Do you do new things together?
A. Yes, traveling
B. Yes, trying new restaurants
C. We don't have time to try new things
D. No, we do the same thing every day, usually at home
10. How often do you have sex?
A. Almost every day
B. A couple of times a week
C. Several times a month
D. Maybe once a month
11. Do you have a shared financial budget/plan in place?
A. We do
B. We have but couldn’t follow it properly
C. We just inform each other about our finances
D. No, we maintain our separate plans
12. Do you engage in deep conversations?
A. Yes, mostly
13. What feeling do you mostly get when you’re around your spouse?
C. Just usual
14. How much do you prioritize each other?
A. Very much
B. Decently high
C. It depends
D. Not much
15. Do you wish each other ‘good morning’ and ‘good night’?
A. Yes, every day
B. Yes, mostly
C. Only when we have time
D. No, never