As a contract Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist at the A&M Christian Counseling Center, I support couples in their marriage relationship in several ways:
1) Being positive & hopeful: although I recognize that our past influences our present (and its influence needs to be recognized), I focus on improving strengths, casting a vision for the future, and improving a couple's ability to talk through how to get there.
2) Being collaborative: I believe in stepping into role of a coach (like all world-class athletes have). Not a boss, not an advice-giver, but an intentional explorer of strengths and equipper of new skills & understanding.
3) Inviting God into the process: I believe the creator of relationships has an interest in seeing marriages thrive and is at work to strengthen our relationships when we let him. I seek to let Him and his biblical principles impact my work with couples.
Jim D is also listed in Best Marriage Therapists in Bryan
Licensing & Certifications:
- Licensed: Practice License Verified
- License State: Texas
- License Number: 201856, received 2016
- Couple Communication
- Life events
- Medical conditions
- Mental conditions
Services Provided Via:
- In person
Working With Marriages for:
- 20 Year(s)
Hourly Fees Range:
- $50 - $100