If you’re wanting to know how you can be more romantic in your relationship, you’ve come to the right place. The sky’s the limit when it comes to inspiring romance. Assigning high priority to daily acts of romance strengthens bonds, and enhances the quality of long-term partnerships. This article aims to give romantic relationship advice and offers ten powerful romance-boosting activities to get lovers started.
Most people think of “romance” as those cliché’ activities such as watching the sunset together, candlelit dinners, or drinking wine by a roaring fire. While those activities are indeed romantic, the idea is to initiate small but meaningful acts that demonstrate love and adoration.
Romantic activities can be simple, such as, picking a rose for your partner occasionally, or strategically hidden love note. They can also be elaborate, like planning surprise vacations, or decorating the house with candy chains and rose petals.
Whether big or small, it’s the actions you perform consciously, made for the express purpose of saying “I love you”.
What you should know about romance:
- It creates opportunities for partners to spend time together and enhances bonds
- It strengthens intimacy; bringing about physiological chemicals associated with love
- It allows for increased communication
- It allows for humor, entertainment, and adventure
- It creates a constant reminder of love and adoration
- It keeps things fresh and lively, (especially important over the long-term)
- It helps partners get to know one another
- It promotes and reconstitutes feelings of respect and reciprocity
- It makes for suspense, anticipation, and fun
- A truly romantic relationship will be virtually devoid of boredom
How can I start incorporating romance into my relationship?
While it is never too late to get started, proactive couples may implement romantic activities early on. In doing so, romance can become a natural part of your connection which may last for years to come.
Below we’ve listed ten techniques for your convenience. While these ideas are yours to use as you like, remember it is best to use these as a guide, adapting them, embellishing or improvising them, as well as coming up with some of your own. Remember that romantic things to do must be creative, adaptive, and fun.
Here are some romantic ideas for him and her that can be adopted easily:
1. Gift-Giving: Abide by the rule that gifts should always be wrapped. A tip to help those out there with busy lives is to stock up on gifts, hiding them so they may be brought out when the time is right. Appropriate times in which to give an unwrapped gift lies in the presentation, for example: a necklace can be strung around a teddy bear, or an engagement ring in the bottom of a champagne glass.
2. Greeting cards: A greeting card can be given with almost any gift, and keeping a stockpile of them may come in handy when you don’t have time to shop. They may be accompanied by flowers, chocolates, balloons, a stuffed animal, or other gift.
3. Mail order subscriptions: Does your partner like chocolate, lingerie, perfume? Many companies offer clubs or memberships, which send off samples monthly by mail.
4. Wash his feet: Grab a tub of hot soapy water and a loofah; wash his feet, dry them, and then continue about your business. He will be honored and speechless.
5. Professional massage: You can massage your partner yourself, or if you’re not confident in your skills, set up an appointment for two at a spa or massage parlor. The two of you will enjoy having a relaxing massage together.
6. Poetry and music: If you’re creative, write a one page poem about your partner and have it written in calligraphy and framed. Or, see how you can have an album by his favorite musician autographed and mailed.
7. Photo album: Put together a secret photo album that serves as a memoir of you and your partner’s lives together. It can have baby pictures of each of you, then a timeline represented by pictures of you before you met, while courting, and into the present. Once finished, you can spend hours reminiscing over your memories.
8. Towel in the dryer: Towel him or her off with a pre-warmed towel after a shower or bath. They are guaranteed to love it.
9. Surprise scavenger hunt: Hide a series of notes strategically around the house with riddles. Your partner will go nuts figuring out each riddle and locating each new clue. At the end of the scavenger hunt, a prize should be waiting.
10. Candy notes: If your partner likes candy, you can leave all sorts of quippy but cheesy notes with candy. A pack of Red Hots can say “I’m hot for you”, or hershey’s kisses can be used as coupons for “kisses” or other sensual favors.