I'm so glad you found your way here! Just so that we can see if we might be a good fit, here's a short snapshot of what I'm all about:
- I believe that there are no relationships that can't benefit from counseling. We typically don't get trained in communication skills while growing up, so adult relationships are oftentimes functioning maladaptively, without us knowing it.
- I believe that no relationship is beyond help, as long as everyone involved is dedicated to (1) staying in the relationship and (2) changing their own behavior, instead of blaming a partner(s).
- I have a passion for working with non-traditional people/families; polyamory, kink dynamics, ethical non-monogamy, LGBTQ+ issues, sex work, etc.
- I also specialize in eating disorders, which doesn't immediately sound like something that would affect a marriage. However, disordered eating and body image issues affect our sexuality, highlight insecurities, and isolate us within our relationships.
If you're struggling within a relationship, or even just want to protect the positive connection that you have, please get help! My favorite tagline that you'll find on my website is that "you deserve peace just as much as anyone else".
Katy Alaniz is also listed in Best Marriage Therapists in Plano
Licensing & Certifications:
- License State: Texas
- License Number: 76288, received 2018
- Trauma-Focused CBT
Services Provided Via:
- Internet meeting
Working With Marriages for:
- 4 Year(s)
Free Phone Consultations?
Hourly Fees Range:
- $100 - $150