Are you experiencing depression, anxiety, shame, lowered self-esteem, or feeling stuck? Do you feel like you have no control over your actions, emotions, or thoughts? I know how that feels: isolating, feelings of inadequacy, fear for an uncertain future, trying to find relief by any method possible. These experiences can be terrifying, and I don't want you to have to suffer them anymore. I can teach you the tools and skills to take your life back. What if I were to tell you that every thought you or anyone else has is just an opinion? That our thoughts form and develop from the information we might have and which we use to try and make sense of everything in the world with such a limited data set. Life is complicated and messy and there are no set “rules” for how people in the world should work and operate. Often this can lead to uncertainty, judgment, and doubt which often leaves us feeling isolated and alone.
The individuals that I work with in therapy are those who are wanting to achieve freedom from compulsions, self-destruction and limiting beliefs. Combining evidenced-based cognitive behavioral therapy and a holistic approach I’ve helped individuals heal, find self-acceptance, and develop healthy coping skills to manage life’s stressful situations more healthily. I used a combination of therapeutic approaches such as integral therapy, psychoanalytical, psychodynamic, and strengths-based approaches because the underlying commonality of these therapies is that they incorporate a whole body and systems holistic approach. So, what is it that I am offering? I'm offering a choice and an opportunity. The choice to view life through new perspectives and use skills to maximize your potential. The opportunity is to change the way you think about yourself and the world around you. This is the beginning of an approach to life that engages your sense of curiosity rather than fear. A wellness-focused approach which not only addresses the presenting issue, but looks at the underlying factors from a systems approach across financial, occupational, emotional, physical, intellectual, social, environmental, and spiritual dimensions. This is where I can help.
My approach is guided by the following:
- incorporating mindfulness as a daily practice brings focus to the present moment and assists with achieving clarity
- the unconscious mind influences a person’s behavior, thoughts, and feelings
- unresolved/repressed conflicts can manifest as; anxiety, depression, fear and phobias, compulsions, obsessions, and relationship problems.
- an individual's emotional state/mood are directly related to thoughts and actions and can lead to negative or inaccurate thoughts and thinking patterns
- in treating the underlying causes rather than solely symptoms-lasting change is possible
- we are all trying our best to manage our internal states and while some ways to manage lead to other issues (substance abuse)
- it is okay to not be okay
- all thoughts are opinions
My goal for therapy is to help you navigate and better understand the places in your life causing you pain. Develop the skills to better understand and make healthier changes to your lifestyle and support you in living your most authentic life. In therapy, we will develop or reinforce your protective supports designed to replace challenging behaviors with functional, positive behavior. The aim of my practice makes engaging and connecting with reliable, effective, and affordable care regardless of transportation or scheduling issues as easy as possible.
Jeremy Jones is also listed in Best Marriage Therapists in Tigard
Licensing & Certifications:
- Licensed: Practice License Verified
- License State: Oregon
- License Number: C5359, received 2019
- CADC-2; BC-TMH
- Behavioral Issues
- Dual Diagnosis
- Self Esteem
- Substance Abuse
Types of Therapy:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Psychodynamic Therapy
- Behavioral Therapy
- Biopsychosocial Model
- Cognitive Processing Therapy
- Person Centered Therapy
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Brief Therapy
Services Provided Via:
- Internet meeting
Working With Marriages for:
- 3 Year(s)
Free Phone Consultations?
Hourly Fees Range:
- $100 - $150