Suffering in your marriage? I know how much this hurts. When our loving relationships don’t work well, it takes a huge toll on us … on our emotional, mental and physical health … not to mention our jobs, our pocketbooks and our families.
You don’t have to be married to use Couples Counseling. I also counsel co-habitating couples, engaged couples and dating couples who want to get it right this time. I love to help new couples prevent the suffering from developing in the first place.
These are a few of the skills you will learn:
- Express yourself in a way that your partner wants to connect with you.
- Become emotionally responsive to each other.
- Listen to your partner’s heart.
- Empathize so you can experience emotional intimacy.
- Experience deeply fulfilling sexual intimacy.
- Respect each other as unique individuals.
- Argue constructively and reduce emotional reactivity.
- Create win-win solutions to meet each others needs.
- Discover your partner’s dreams, and help make them come true.
- Understand your patterns: the ones that work and the ones that do not.
- Set aside defensiveness, criticism, contempt and stonewalling.
- Heal emotional wounds that have been thwarting intimacy.
- Develop appropriate self-care routines to reduce stress.
- Apologize and forgive so your heart opens again.
- Reach true reconciliation so you move from protecting yourself to trusting your partner.
- Be true to your Authentic Self. Stop losing yourself in the relationship.
- Become each other’s best friend and lover.
Couples Counseling Methods I Use
Dr. John Gottman found that when using his method, 75% of couples successfully transformed their dysfunctional marriages, even when there has been an affair. Dr. Sue Johnson’s research on her Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy also shows similar results. Because these two methods have been heavily researched over four decades, I use them. You can search for them on YouTube.
1) “Gottman Method Couples Therapy” by Drs. John and Julie Gottman
2) “Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy” by Dr. Sue Johnson
As your marriage becomes healthier, you will help your children and extended families become healthier, too. That’s the way we build healthy communities, one couple at a time.
Benita A is also listed in Best Marriage Therapists in Blairsville
Licensing & Certifications:
- License State: Georgia and North Carolina
- License Number: GA: LPC 003000 and NC: LCMHC 15664 , received 2010
- TeleMental Health Counseling, Prepare/Enrich, Hypnotherapy, Gottman Leader
- Chronic Pain
- Codependency Relationships
- Coping Skills
- Dating Coaching
- Family Conflict
- General marriage
- Life Coaching
- Life events
- Marital and Premarital
Services Provided Via:
- Internet meeting
Working With Marriages for:
- 45 Year(s)
Free Phone Consultations?
Hourly Fees Range:
- $150 - $200