Nurturing and sustaining a relationship can be hard work. Couples come to therapy for a variety of reasons. Often, it is because they feel distant and want to get back to an intimate space. Sometimes couples are stuck in a cycle of fighting and come to therapy to figure out how they got into the cycle. The stress of life including parenting, finances, and other external influences can be a roadblock to getting along, communicating effectively or being the best couple you can be.
You and your partner did not come with a user’s manual, and the unique skills needed for your relationship are not inherent — they are skills you need to develop. I can help you develop these skills to bring your relationship back to life.
If we decide to work together we will find a mutually convenient time to meet and we will meet until you have achieved your therapeutic goals.
Therapy will help you and your partner:
- Increase understanding of each other
- Work with and understand each other’s sensitivities, intensities and quirks
- Learn to heal and repair trust after an affair
- Communicate more effectively
- Gain tools for productive arguments and fair fighting
- Find your values, and determine which to blend, co-operate, share or take-turns
- Rekindle your connection with each other
- Create a healthy balance of power
- Build the foundation for a loving, intimate and enduring relationship
- Raise emotionally healthy children who respect both themselves and their parents
- Preserve sanity and remain courteousness through a separation or divorce process
- Resolve issues common to blended families
- Discover new hope, despite your challenges
Amy Trusso is also listed in Best Marriage Therapists in Burlingame
Education:Amy Trusso received a bachelor’s degree from the SUNY Stony Brook and completed her MA from the CIIS.
Types of Therapy:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Psychodynamic Therapy
- Behavioral Therapy
- Couples Therapy
- Gottman Method
- Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Internal Family Systems Therapy
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Marriage And Family Therapy
Services Provided Via:
- In person
- Internet meeting
Working With Marriages for:
- 10 Year(s)
Free Phone Consultations?
Hourly Fees Range:
- $150 - $200