What's truer than truth? The story. I help couples with hearing to listen to foster greater connection and happiness.
I have been licensed as a clinical psychologist since 2001. I first became interested in psychology during my first psychology class in high school when I learned that there is actually an entire language that describes the experience that I had grown up with and seen all around me: the sometimes conflicting experiences of living between two different worlds, or cultures.
I became passionate about wanting to find a way to address the experience of people whose hurts and wounds are often invisible—fractured hearts and minds vs physical challenges, such as broken bones. I was saddened by my observation that too many people feel stigmatized, marginalized and alone with their inner turmoil and wanted to find a way to help heal these hidden hurts and make the heart, mind and body whole.
My dream is that therapy becomes accessible to everyone and viewed merely as another source of support—a resource, just as a friend is a resource—and that the barriers to giving it a try completely evaporate.
My background and training allow me to primarily integrate psychodynamic, systems and cognitive behavioral approaches to develop the overall framework for treatment. Specifically, I regularly utilize the following evidence-based treatment modalities:
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT)
- Gottman Couple Therapy
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Exposure Therapy
- Family Systems Therapy
We will work together to identify and co-create goals for treatment and then address them in a way that resonates with you.
Susan Ko is also listed in Best Marriage Therapists in Los Angeles
Education:Susan Ko received a bachelor’s degree from the Brown University and completed her PhD from the University of Massachusetts at Boston.
Licensing & Certifications:
- Licensed: Practice License Verified
- License State: California and New York
- License Number: PSY20183 (CA); 015173 (NY), received 2002
- YSC Executive Development Profile, Myers Briggs Type Indicator, Korn Ferry Four Dimensional Assessme
Types of Therapy:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Psychodynamic Therapy
- Behavioral Therapy
- Couples Therapy
- Acceptance And Commitment Therapy
- Biopsychosocial Model
- Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy
- Multicultural Therapy
Services Provided Via:
- In person
- HIPAA-Compliant Zoom platform currently; in-person to resume pending Covid-19 updates
Working With Marriages for:
- 22 Year(s)
Free Phone Consultations?
Hourly Fees Range: