- Rainstarry answered The troubles of a marriage is between two individuals, and another person (or baby) in the picture can make things difficult. Some may say that having a baby may add an element of focus for the couple, and while that may be true, raising a child requires great teamwork and understanding between a couple. It can be a trying time for a couple, who has to devote a chunk of their time to the child. If you want to foster closer relations with your spouse, it is better to resolve the issues first without the added distraction of a baby.
- Rainstarry answered Yes! Marriage counselling books are a great resource, especially if they are from well-researched psychiatrists or doctors. Try to find a book which has content that you both feel comfortable with, and does not have a one-sided approach. Do not use the books as weapons to point out each other’s flaws. Instead, have an open mind to learning and building a better marriage. Try reading one chapter of a chosen book together, each night before bed.
- Rainstarry answered Communication is a bridge people to share thoughts, emotions and needs with each other. A communication breakdown can severely affect this exchange of thoughts and causes spouses to feel like they are strangers. It is through communication that a spouse can learn of what his or her partner wants in the relationship, and keep them satisfied with the marriage. A communication breakdown may fuel dissatisfaction and even lead spouses to speculate negatively about their other half.
- Rainstarry answered One thing that can help greatly with giving a great proposal is the environment in which you plan to do it. There are many ways, but it's important to choose the right place that will not make your potential spouse stressed or embarrassed! Not everyone likes being the object of undying professions of love in a public area for everyone to see. To get some ideas, you can subtly ask your partner what he or she thinks is the most romantic place, and gather more information about romantic things they like. Prepare well and the proposal is likely to go smoothly!
- Rainstarry answered Problems are part and parcel of a marriage and there is no getting rid of them for sure! But you can handle and resolve problems effectively and efficiently with your spouse by working as a team and compromising on some issues now and then, especially if they are minor pet peeves. You can also prevent everyday issues from escalating into big problems by looking at it objectively and not pushing aside or ignoring any feedback or comments from your spouse
- Rainstarry answered The end of a marriage does not have to mean the end of your life. It is definitely an emotional upheaval to have to experience a divorce, and it might take some time to recover from the pain. During that time, it might be beneficial to pick up some interesting hobbies to help you pass the time and take your mind off the past. You have to ensure however, not to partake in any activities or behaviour that might damage your emotional well-being during this stage. Take it easy, stop to see the roses in life, and one day you might find renewed energy to breeze through life.
- Rainstarry answered Marriage advice abounds and can come in the form of online forums such as this one, or even a relative who has been happily married for a long time. In fact, almost everyone will want to give you their two cents on marriage, based on their experience. Just be objective on the type of advice you receive and discern for yourself if it is workable and feasible for your marriage.
- Rainstarry answered Friendships are essential for a healthy social life and mental well-being. There are many places and ways to meet new friends, here are some suggestions. You can consider taking a class where you can meet a new friend while learning a new skill. Or consider volunteering at a charity of your choice. The great part about these options is that you can definitely meet someone like-minded.
- Rainstarry answered There are many factors important for marriage, and horoscope compatibility might be one of them, depending on your culture. Sometimes people might find that personality compatibility is more accurate and does not categorize a person into a fixed character, which is important because everyone is different and unique. In conclusion, it can be helpful to enlist the help of horoscopes, but don't make it the be all and end all of relationships.
- Rainstarry answered No you should not rely on numerology solely, as it is not an entirely accurate measure of how happy or successful your marriage will be. There are many factors that make a marriage, and people's personalities do change over the years, which can change the dynamics of the marriage, Numerology may be a fun aspect of marriage compatibility, but is not the authority on how your marriage will work out.
- Rainstarry answered Yes, it should. I also believe that slowly and steadily, it will be legalised globally. Same-sex partners deserve the same marital rights as anyone else, and it is a shame that culture and tradition has disapproved and oppressed these people. While the legalisation may encourage more people to come out as gay, it is certainly better than having them hide their true gender identities and living in fear of being ostracized.
- Rainstarry answered In Vitro Fertilisation, Artificial Insemination and Intracystoplasmic Sperm Injections are some ways that a female can get pregnant without participating in actual intercourse. These are usually treatments for couples with infertility issues, or even singles who have decided to take a big step in life and become parents. With many people deciding to have children at older ages, these treatments have become popular.
- Rainstarry answered First and foremost, it is recommended that you see your regular doctor or gynacologist to find out if you have any fertility issues that might be at the root of the problem. It is usually a better option to get certified medical opinion than to try herbal or alternative remedies that might cause more harm than help your fertility.
- Rainstarry answered If you are looking to make your partner a long-term one, it is good to know their thoughts on big issues. Some questions to ask. What are your career goals in the foreseeable future? Do you intend to have children some day? How do you usually manage your money? Are you family oriented? Do you like pets? The list is non-exhaustive, so ask questions about issues important to you.
- Rainstarry answered This really depends on what the couple's personality is. The safest bet is to get vouchers or giftcards from stores that you know the couple is likely to shop at. This can range from clothes to electronics, but a best bet is a home furnishing and appliance store, especially if the couple is starting out with a new home.
- Rainstarry answered Frequent communication is extremely important for long distance relationships, and is totally possible especially since the advent of instant messaging and emails. Communication helps each partner get updates on each other's lives, which is crucial for the progress of a relationship. Overcome the long-distance hurdle by making time to chat with your partner everyday.
- Rainstarry answered Ask your wife what is it that makes her feel unhappy. It might take some time for her to open up about the problems, but if you ask her with sincerity and a gentle, understanding tone, she will eventually let you in on the thing that is upsetting her. Be prepared for any type of response - it could be about something that you have done recently and didn't know. It could also be something else that is making her upset. What is important is to make sure that you are sincere in knowing about her problems, and that you don't always have to help her solve the problem unless she asks you to.
- Rainstarry answered Separation implies a mutual decision by a couple to live apart or end a relationship while still being married. A divorce on the other hand, means a legal annulment of a marriage, which thus revokes the status of husband and wife from a couple. A separation is usually a temporary arrangement, where perhaps a couple needs some time alone to reflect on their marriage. Divorces on the other hand, are permanent and usually means that a couple does not intend to get back together again.
- Rainstarry answered It really depends. Sometimes people jump into their next marriage in haste, because they feel that they need a partner to help fill the role of a spouse. In this case, remarrying might have a slim chance of happiness, especially of the person knows very little of the new spouse. But the lover in this new marriage was found naturally and developed over the course of time where both parties love and understand each other, then perhaps it can be a second chance in marital bliss.
- Rainstarry answered Teenagers find that they live in a world where not many people like to engage in face-to-face interactions, and thus have decided to use online dating sites to get to know new friends and perhaps a girlfriend or boyfriend. Many people may say that online dating does not allow the teenager to develop his or social skills, and also puts them in danger of meeting harmful people or predators. While this is true, with proper care and safety techniques, online dating can be a great resource to meet a like-mind friend or soulmate.