- Tucker asked
- Tucker answered You definitely should not rely on any one thing in particular to plan your wedding, other than something you both believe in as higher than yourselves. You can use numerology or other methods to decide different aspects of your wedding, but only if you believe it truly resonates and feels right to both you and your spouse. Make sure the directions you are given match up with your values and beliefs in your life and within the context of your relationship as well. Your wedding is a one-time deal so just make sure it is in line with what your true hearts dreams and desires are for your marriage.
- Tucker answered Some of the common signs and symptoms can be breast soreness, odd food cravings or aversions, morning sickness, swollen breasts, increased urination, fatigue, feeling run down, and of course a missed period. Some women have been known to know immediately after they become pregnant by instinct or a subtle different feeling, but for most, one or more of these symptoms become apparent. If you have been planning, they now make pregnancy tests that you can take almost a week before your expected period, but otherwise a home pregnancy test can be taken with 99% claimed accuracy after a missed period to determine for sure.
- Tucker answered Popular newlywed gifts these days include a wide range of items. Some are hand-blown glass sets, simple and lovely kitchen items, regular food or coffee subscriptions, picnic baskets and blankets, coffee machines, personalized picture frames or cheeseboards, or dish sets. But, to truly give the best gifts for newlyweds, you must really know the couple well and be able to determine what would be the most meaningful and significant to them. If you do not know this, ask someone who is the closest to them to find out what the best and most special gift would be.
- Tucker answered Couples counseling is as reliable as the effort you each put into it and the degree of the counselor’s expertise and skill set. The counselor and you and your partner also need to be a great match. If you are not all a good fit for each other and your styles do not match up, then the experience will most likely not be too effective or beneficial. If you find a counselor who is a perfect match, as a couple are both totally open and honest during your sessions,and you both utilize what you learn in counseling inthe days between sessions, then the experience can be very reliable and effective.
- Tucker answered You should ask for them to send you verification of their education and/or license, along with their resume. If they are hesitant or do not want to then I would question their training and expertise. You can also find out more information about them by using their name to conduct an online search or by searching professional counseling boards and/or organizations for their name. There will be some kind of legitimate reference to them online if they are trained and a true professional. If you are really stuck in your relationship, do make sure the person is trained so that they have the qualifications, skills, and techniques under their belt to truly help you.
- Tucker answered
Should I seek for help from a relationship advice forum as I am going through a rough patch in my relationship?Relationship advice forums can definitely be of help to you and your relationship. If not any more than just to gain another perspective and sounding board, it can be a useful avenue to gain some help for your relationship. Since there most likely aren’t professionals intertwined throughout all conversations in forums of this type, it’s also important to take what people say with a grain of salt or at least dig deep and make sure their advice holds value and truth for your personal relationship. You could possibly get some outstanding input though, so you might as well give it a shot.
- Tucker answered Some clinics and centers offer free counseling for couples but the service can be very difficult to find. It should be more readily available though, given the divorce rate and the amount of children effected by separations and failed marriages. Ways of attempting to seek free counseling services include researching all the free clinics in your area and calling counselors who offer a sliding scale to see what they may be able to offer in terms of cost reduction. Another idea is to see if one counselor may be willing to do a barter in exchange for another service with you. The next closest thing is to find friends willing to help and give you advice, but it would not be counseling.
- Tucker answered Creative proposal ideas can be fun and exciting to think of. Some ideas are to have an arts and crafts night with your partner and scribe the proposal within a craft. Empty out the salt shaker on purpose and ask her to refill it, leaving just enough salt in the container with the ring in it so it pours out. Play your favorite couples song that you sing along to and mix up the words at one point by belting out a proposal. Write the proposal out with sidewalk chalk somewhere you know she will see it when she comes home or over.
- Tucker answered Here are some ideas for a wedding proposal. You can make handmade ones. Get a bunch of helium balloons that you say are for a friend but have “Will you marry me?” written across the front of different ones with either a letter or word on each. Make a paper fortune teller and ask her to play with you to bring back childhood memories. Write the proposal on one of the tabs. Cook her a favorite meal at home and place them ring inside her favorite homemade dessert. Or, spell the proposal out in glow in the dark stickers on a wall or ceiling with a candle light dinner.
- Tucker answered There are so many marriage proposal ideas. Some are such as the following ones listed here. Rent a bike to ride around the city in and remind her to wear a helmet to be safe and have the ring box inside the helmet. Plan a romantic getaway to your favorite vacation place and propose by putting a big box under her hotel pillow. Take her out to a Chinese restaurant and have a fortune cookie prepared with the proposal written inside. Tell her you forgot to grab your notebook that has a number on it on your nightstand and ask her to check your notebook for you but instead have the proposal written on the page instead.
- Tucker answered This can be a subjective question dependent on the couple and what feeds their union of love the most in their lives. Is there one single most romantic way? People will vote differently depending on their own hearts desires and their own definitions of both love and romance. One person might say that writing a proposal in the sand and then taking a hot air balloon ride over to see to have her see it might be the most romantic, but someone else might say that that having a quiet dinner at the place that you first met with your song as a couple, and the ring hidden in the dessert would be the most romantic.
- Tucker answered The real meaning of love is an unconditional presence given to another person that is nonjudgmental, open-minded, and considerate of the other’s needs. Love doesn’t grow bitter. Love is patient. Love is truly listening and giving ones heart to someone else. Whether the definition has changed is a difficult question. People can put their own spins on what real love means to them and go off of that in their relationships. The definition nowadays can be based on a variety of things and the validity of meaning can only be based on the standards one is using to measure it.
- Tucker answered The true meaning of love is hard to define. Love can mean something different to each person. Love is something beyond description ultimately, but in the context of a true relationship love means unbreakable, nonjudgmental, and calm intimacy between two people. It takes work and it doesn’t just show up at your door. Finding true love means finding someone that you are willing to do anything and everything for and with, and battle through whatever you need to, to build such a bond that is unbreakable. How to find one is not a simple question to answer as it takes the risk of working through whatever it takes to make it happen with someone.
- Tucker answered For sure, communication problems can break a relationship. Communication issues are usually one of the number one causes of failed relationships. To survive in a relationship you need to build good relationships if you want to have a real one. If you are okay with just sailing through life without really connecting to your partner then you may be okay, but if you are having problems with your partner, you need to have good communication skills. Communication is key to a good relationship and can definitely ruin one. If you are not a good communicator and there are issues you need to work through, definitely ask someone else who is for help.
- Tucker answered Mature dating is dating that can occur when someone is grown, meaning someone truly has their act together. Some people may say this is when you have a stable income, place to live, and community around you. Others may determine this by age and nothing more. The bottom line is as a guy you need to be really incredible in showing you are grown and as a woman you need to be open-minded and skilled in conversation meaning bite your tongue at least initially. Some tips for true mature dating are to step up and take responsibility for your words and actions, don’t need to get the last word in, and be patient with one another in all circumstances.
- Tucker answered Marital problems can be solved in a multitude of ways, but one key element is solid and vulnerable communication. Communication is the ingredient that will determine whether you will be able to work through the challenges at hand. To communicate well you must be able to truly listen to each other and dive into an intimate place which involves taking risks and trusting one another. For some couples it may take the outside perspective and participation of another person to help reach a resolution. All in all it will be a long process and deep rooted marital problems will not be solved overnight.
- Tucker answered Depending on who the woman is, dating an older woman could either be an easy pursuit or a rather challenging one. To date an older woman you must present yourself as someone mature and at her level of maturity and status in life. Present yourself with something attractive to offer her and dazzle her with your wisdom and knowledge. Most importantly demonstrate extremely genuine and sincere interest in her and who she is as a person. Doing these things will lead you on the right track to dating an older woman but it will take a lot of personal reflection and effort.