Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login
Asked by Last Updated:

im feeling depressed ....my marriage is dead.we have nothing in common...we dont talk much ....what can i do ...

im depressed my marriage is dead.
ive sat on my hands for 10 years everything has stagnated we dont even talk as theres nothing to talk about .
but its too hard to separate.
my wife is not my wife as i see it .
shes my handbrake and im at my witts end im over 50 and i cant retire in the next 10 years and live with this .
lifes totally dull and theres no future as i see it

5 Answers

Patricia-Mills Answered:

Its not uncommon to start growing apart after being together for a number of years. This is often one of the leading causes of relationships being unhappy and often leads to affairs. I think it really important to sit down and communicate with her. You need to find a common ground and start from there.

CindyBaker Answered:

The best and the most immediate step to take is to snap out of the sad cocoon built around you, step out and look for a purpose in life. Strive for a career, happy associations with the other family members, friends and associate yourself with meaningful purposes in life. Indulge in some self-pampering and revamp your look. If your partner fails to notice and appreciate, gently convince him into seeking marital counseling.

Marko Answered:

I am 56 I need validation .. I dont feel I have ever been supported. I am a firm believer in backing up someone when your opinion might even differ on trivial things to show trust but I have never had that either I need to be seen .. I hate boasters but it seems to be seen you need to do this i am a perfectionist but not with everything and if I'm happy I can be sensitive i am optimistic but want to be brave i am loyal but am very aware of how my words can hurt so I play it out in my head beforehand if I get the time to think and often regret what I say later. i am a good listener and prefer to keep somethings inside as a sort of reserve

Marko Answered:

At the moment I feel anxious and stressed lash out of protection sometimes to people's amazement ii have a very hard time being present ... Words can't hurt me if I'm not there suppress pain i keenly observe others and sometimes make judgements but normally on it happening more than once i try to make people feel at ease especially if I can sense discomfort in them I value connections with others but am very aware people can be dishonest i love the feeling of being safe but realise going out of your comfort zone is sometimes necessary and even fun when you surprise yourself I really hate when people put others down to promote themselves ... Pet hate and never partake in this....to me humble and modest is an quality to be admired but it seldom gets you noticed. I realise I'm too soft but that's me I wish I had a tougher skin so things didnt get to me

Katherine-P_ Answered:

Don't get so much depressed. It is just a phase of life. Just make sure you spen some quality time together, go on date, to visit some place to refreshen up your meories that you have spent together in your past. I think it will work. after all you have spent so much time together!

Write Your Answer

Please Wait Saving...