Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login
Asked by Last Updated:

Husband is talking to his high school sweetheart

My husband had a friend from High School who passed away about a week ago.
Since then, him and his high school sweetheart have become friends on facebook and have been sending messages and text to one another.
I understand that they lost a friend of theirs and are sharing memories and photos.
But when I confronted my husband to tell him it made me uncomfortable, he flipped out and said I was being childish and selfish to think that because someone had just died that was a mutual friend of theirs.
His high school sweetheart is married (for probably 4 or 5 years now) and has a toddler.
My husband and I have been together for 5 years and married for almost 2 years.
I know it's been 15 years since they dated, but I can't help but to feel jealous.
She is still good friends with his parents and sister, and they all think so highly of her.
My husband and I's relationship has been very rocky and we are currently in couples therapy.
So my confidence in our marriage is kind of low at the moment.
We try not to do things that bother the other person, and he doesn't care that I'm uncomfortable with them talking since they only reconnected after a friend passed.
I don't really think he'd cheat, but you never know.
I don't know when the last time they saw each other was.
But I know they've exchanged an occasional message to one another through the years since high school.
We will be going to his friends service this weekend, and she will be there.
They will be seeing each other (from what I know) for the first time in a really, really long time.
What if they have all these sparks and memories come flooding back, and slowly start to become closer.
I couldn't handle them having "Friendly" conversation all the time.
Just because she's married with a kid doesn't mean I shouldn't worry.
After the the funeral and everything passes, I'd like for them to quit speaking to one another.
I'm also the type of person who believes exes are exes for a reason, and I don't communicate with any of my exes.
I'm not a very jealous person and I'm actually friends with 2 of his ex girlfriends.
It's just that she seems to mean alot to him.
It all just makes me feel insecure and upset that he doesn't seem to think it's a big deal.
Am I'm being totally crazy and selfish? What should I do?

1 Answers

Fearl3 Answered:

It's ok to feel a sense of jealousy over a past flame I my self don't see that as a insecurity but you care and want to protect your relationship....if it was you who started talking to a old boyfriend from your past he would most likely feel the same.. affair don't start in the bed room they start with conversation..it would depend on what they were talking about...I hope all turns out well for your marriage

Write Your Answer

Please Wait Saving...