Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login
Asked by Last Updated:

What do I do when my husband needs time and space to figure out if he wants to stay in our marriage?

My husband and I have been together for 13 years and married for almost 5 of those year.
He informed me last month that he feels as if the passion is gone and that he needs time and space to think about what he wants.
I have been trying to respect this as I do not feel the same as him and am hopeful that we can work this out.
We have been through so much already and always seem to find a way to make it work.
I am feeling very lost and broken and am not sure how to communicate with him at this point.
He is the person I turn to for everything, but it feels different this time.
He shared that he has felt this way for sometime, however has not shared until now.
I am not sure if anyone else has ever experienced this or has advice on how to manage, but I am a wreck and am finding it hard to focus in all aspects of my life.

1 Answers

Ted1234 Answered:

After 13 years of being together, it is only natural that the passion fades away with time. It's not just you, couples all around the world who have been together for that long experience this sometime in their relationship. There is nothing to fret. Give him the time and space that he needs. Even after that if nothing works out, seek help from a therapist.

Write Your Answer

Please Wait Saving...