Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login
Asked by Last Updated:

Fear of losing it all....

Once again a girl has left me because I told her I don't want to get married.
Here's where I need some opinions: I am 45 and have never been married and of course I have no children.
I'm an airline captain, own a nice house at an airpark, own two airplanes, and I'm 100% debt free with about a one million dollar net-worth.
All of the women I meet and date are wonderful people, but they all have low income jobs, rent apartments, have lots of debt, and have no savings.
In other words, they bring absolutely nothing to the table when it comes to us getting married.
I have everything to lose and they have everything to gain.
I can't get over this fact and it's kept me from really progressing in relationships.
So now let's say I get married and 20 years from now when we have a $5,000,000 net worth (100% of which is from ME) and she decides that I'm no longer exciting enough for her and she wants a divorce, I can't get over the thought of her getting the house and half of my 401K.
What are your thoughts on this senario? How do I overcome this thought and move on in a relationship as I really do want to find a partner and get married on day.
I think there's a lot of benefits to being married, but I'm too affraid of losing everything I've worked my whole life towards!

1 Answers

Ted1234 Answered:

If you think about money and finances all the time, it will be impossible for you to find love. Love is an organic process. Meet people, don't be pressurized by getting married when you first meet anyone. Once you know a person well, you will be in a better situation to understand them and know if she is the one for you. Who knows you might find a person who brings so much love and happiness to your life that money and finances take a back seat. Let this wonderful feeling not be jeopardized by the overbearing thought of financial issues.

Write Your Answer

Please Wait Saving...