Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login
Asked by Last Updated:

How to not sound bossy when discussing marriage?

I am very structured, and organized, and my fiancé is unorganized and spontaneous.
Next year we plan to marry, but I’m not sure how he’s going to react to my ideal married life scenario of equally participating in chores and cooking and having scheduled time for exercise and together time.
I will be working fulltime and he will be freelancing.
  I guess I’m just scared that his bachelor habits , staying up late, playing video games… are going to transfer into our married life.
We won’t be able to live together until next year.
My main question is how do you approach this conversation without sounding bossy.
We will move to his home country, so I can learn the language before having kids, so we will also be going through a cultural shift in our surrounding environment.
Any advice for not sounding “type A” when talking about my ideas of marriage?

1 Answers

Ted1234 Answered:

Hi In any relationship comfort between the concerned people is really important. And when that s there, people think of getting married. So in your case, we are assuming that this comfort is present therefore you are planning to get married. If there is something that bothers you, it is imperative that you talk about it. It is advisable to do it now and not regret later. You could be polite and direct at the same time. If he loves you, he will not get offended or think otherwise. Give exact reasons for your stance and concern.

Write Your Answer

Please Wait Saving...