Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

How to convince my husband to move us out of my inlaws house?

My husband I dated for 11 years and have been married for a year now. He is 26 and I am 25. We have been living in his house since we got married but "temporarily". We live with his widowed mother, 11 year old sister and a younger 19 year old brother who is away at college. The reason we have not moved out yet is because of his mother. His dad passed away 3 years ago and he has a 11 year old younger sister and a brother that goes to college and only comes during college breaks. He feels like he can’t leave his mother until it’s a good time and situation. His deadline is next year May 2017 summer. Before getting married, we always were clear about living on our own and not with in-laws but since we got married his tone changed and now he does not want to move out immediately. His mother acts "depressed" sometimes and cries in front of him because her husband passed away. In front of him says things like everyone has a husband but me. However, she was fine before we got married and didn’t act like this. This makes him feel guilty and he feels like he can't leave her like this. I let him know i want to leave by January but he said not until May 2017. I am tired of waiting to leave. I hate not having enough space in the house and not having privacy and my own space. I also can’t talk to him much about this without him getting angry because he thinks I don’t understand his situation. I know the main reason for his delay is his mother and how she acts depressed around him, ever since I moved in. She is also a very clever lady knows exactly how to be in order to get him to feel for her. I am tired of being patient and really want to move out. I don’t want to wait until May. Let me know how I can convince him or any advice at all.

1 Answer

ted1234 said on
Hi
Well in your situatio  the best that you can do is that you try to convince your guy about the promise he made about living alone. You could also tell him that he could perhaps test it out for sometime before reaching a conclusion that his mother won't be happy. ALso from your end, try and see if living with his mother is possible for you. See neither you nor your husband would want to jeopardize the relationship due tot his reason. So you need to find a balance somewhere yourself only.
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer