Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Should I stay or should I go

So brief backstory. My husband and I got married two years ago. We are both now 21, and have a 1.5 year old daughter. Before we got married, he was everything I could have dreamed of. Put me first, made me feel special, was always trying to do something he knew I'd appriciate even if it was just a foot massage (I really dont ask for much) etc etc. He was loving, sweet, compasionate, and NEVER blew up on me. Fast forward two years later... I knew he had a "temper" but had never really seen it in full swing. I am now his HYPOTHETICAL punching bag, and he takes all of his problems out on me. So here are a few of my problems. 1. He is rude, calls me names like B**ch, and says F*** you. 2. He never tries to do anything for me anymore, not even help with laudry, dishes, vacuuming etc even when I ask. 3. He's never gotten up with our daughter at night. He got up once when she was two weeks old and he was so mad she was crying he threw her stuff at the walls. He never helps with baths or feeding her. 4. He said he used to blame me for having a baby (like it all my fault... ha!) and hes trying to love our life how it is now, but struggles sometimes. 5. Hes controling. He tells me what I can/can't post on facebook or instagram, and if I post something  he doesn't like he berates me like I'm 5. He is often calling asking where I am or what I've been doing, and gets mad when he thinks I should be doing something else. 6. He tells me how to parent our daughter, even though hes never the one to enforce any rules. 7. He gets livid when I do things like forget to clean out the lint trap, turn off a lamp, turn off the fan, forget to close the closet door, forget to turn off hus speaker bar (for the TV), etc. He will throw things at the walls and tells me  have no priorities and I'm ditzy. I am a little, but i try SO hard to not be. Before he gets home from work I frantically run around trying to make sure everything is where he thinks it should be so we don;t have an argument. I believe this has given me pretty bad anxiety in general about life. 8. He screams at me infront of our baby, has told me he has WANTED to hit me if I was closer to him, and just yesterday put a hole in the wall. WHile I don't think he would hurt me or baby, i hate living like this. I'm having such a hard time divorcing though, because I WANT it to work like it did before, I want to feel loved by him like before. He says he doesnt want a divorce and he loves me.... I'm stuck between knowing I should leave and waiting for things to get better. What DO I DO?

1 Answer

ted1234 said on
Your husband clearly has anger managment issues. You must convince him to a see a counselor. Thera are no 2 ways about it. And if he agree and sincerly follows his anger managment regime, he might even become his old self, that he was in the beginning of the marriage.
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer