Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Wife lost interest; what are my options?

~~Here is the situation I am dealing with and wondering if it is normal.  My wife and I have been married almost 10 years, both in our 50s.  In a nutshell, sex is a thing of the past. It’s been more than 4 years now and it’s simply no longer part of our relationship, even though for me, all the parts are still functional, so to speak.  For her, menopause came and that was it, party over.  Rather than force myself on someone who no longer has any interest, I just gradually let it go, and today we’re just more like roommates. We’ve talked about it, but talking will not bring back something that’s just not there.  We get along and I still love her, but just not in a physical or sexual way.  It’s more like a friend sleeping in the same bed.   But since I still have what I would consider a normal sex drive, I feel like I’m left with 3 choices:
1. Have an affair / Pay a professional
2. Get a divorce
3. Go without intimacy for the rest of my life.
None of the above appeal to me, so I float in a sort of sexual limbo.  Strong desires but no longer feeling like a sexual person.  If my right hand ever gets amputated I’ll really be in a bad way.  In a sense, my sex life has been reduced to my active imagination, and even that is taking a strange direction.    Has anyone else ever experienced this before?  Is there a fourth option I’m not seeing? 

1 Answer

ted1234 said on
Well this is a tricky questions. Apart from regular intercourse there are ways to achieve sexual satisfaction, you and your wife could perhap try that out?
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer