Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

What should I do?

My husband won't stand up for me when his mother insults me in front of others. He stays quiet and he speaks to his mother only after I fight with him as to why he didn't stand up for me.I don't understand if those words are coming from him or his mother as he remained a silent listener for everything she said. It hurts me that he can just stay there silent and see me being insulted infront of so many people.He cares for me a lot otherwise when his parents are not around. He did speak to his mother after I fought with him. But the very fact that I had to fight with him to get him to talk with his mom and him not confronting his parents and stopping them then and there while I was being insulted in front of others is killing me. It's like the marriage that I was so happy about all these days has suddenly fell apart completely.

My husband says he will slowly set things right. But he didn't stand up for me when I needed him the most. He didn't want to confront his mother in front of so many people and just let me be insulted. This went on for days when I lived with my in laws. I do live away from my in laws but knowing my husband won't stand up for me is just destroying me from inside.

1 Answer

ted1234 said on
Hi
See, when you expect something from your husband, always keep his perspective in mind. Understand where he is coming from, what his concerns could be. At the same time, if you feel something is not right, you should and must speak up for it. But for the sake of your marriage, don't take these things to your heart. You must learn to have a big heart and focus on your marriage. If you keep pent up frustration inside you, it will reflect upon your relationship. Also, you perhaps need to sort out your issues with the inlaws. Surely, they would not want their son's marriage to fall apart or suffer because of them.
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer