Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Engagement ring help

I need some engagement ring help. My gf loves star sapphires and I found a ring I like from Amazon, I picked it without seeing a price. The problem is it's $179 and while my gf is by far not a materialist person I'm worried that it won't hold up at all. My second option is my mom's star sapphire ring. It was not a expensive ring when she bought it in high school but she wore it every day until she sadly passed from cancer. My mom had very small thin fingers so there is no way it won't need to be resized but I'm worried that A. It won't work well resized and B. It's already way past what a cheaper ring could be asked to do and it won't hold up. So basically......help?

Answers (2)

ted1234 said on
Hey
Giving your mom's ring is a good choice, considering a the emotional value that it already has. But if you feel that this ring is very old and not in a great condition then you might want to reconsider your idea of giving it to your gf. After all, it is your big day and it should be grand. Perhaps, you could keep your mom's ring and cherish it without causing any harm to it also. If you can afford it, then go for the new ring.
kitten said on
my husband bought my ring for 20$ on amazon, i LOVE it. its not about the price and if she asks what it cost thats just rude, only reason i found out the price of mine was cuz i had knocked it into the sink one day washing dishes a year after we got maried and he made the sly comment, its ok i can get you a new one it was only 20 $ and i was like what??(we got the ride out btw) lol found it hilarious, just dont get her something that'll make her finger green and you'll be fine...i do agree with avove commentor, it would be very lovely to have your mothers ring passed on but i would make sure whever you get it resized by is a reputable jewler and knows what theyre doing so its not ruined in the process.
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer