Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Can a marriage survive when one person falls out of love?

My husband and I have been married for 7 years, together for 8.  He told me last fall that he wasn't in love with me anymore.  I'm still madly in love with him.  He has been communicating with "the one that got away" for several months now and, even though she lives 900 miles away and I don't believe he's having a physical affair, he tells me that he has a stronger connection with her than he ever had with me.  She recently married someone else.  He says he is committed to our marriage, but he texts her constantly and they exchange "I love you's" all the time.  Should I continue in this marriage of unrequited love? Is there a way for me NOT to be suspicious of them?  

1 Answer

ted1234 said on
You do not deserve to be in a marriage where your partner does not love you, nobody does! There are no two ways about it. He said he doesn't love you, he feels more connected to someone other than you, yet he will stay committed to your marriage. All this just says that because he cannot be with that other woman, he is staying with you. But ask yourself do you want to stay married to someone who thinks of you as the second option? You shouldn't!
You loved him with all your heart, you married him and you are still in love with that man. You are a loyal, wonderful person, you deserve so much better in life.
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer