Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

I have been saving my marriage since years but it's not working out. Should I file for divorce?

Answers (10)

LANE64 said on
Making the decision to file for a divorce is an extremely personal one that involves weighing many factors. Simply being unhappy in a marriage shouldn’t automatically warrant seeking a divorce except with careful consideration. If there are serious unalterable problems such as abuse or neglect, or when both parties no longer want to work it out, you may have no choice but to file for divorce. In other cases where infidelity or serious financial issues may be threatening the relationship, seeking out marriage counseling may be an alternative to filing legal paperwork. If it doesn’t work out after giving your best effort, then divorce would be the only obvious choice.
SoulMate said on
Maybe you'd better search for a marriage counselor before filing for divorce.
lifewanderer said on
If you're exhausted all options in saving your marriage including visiting a marriage counsellor to resolve the issues in your relationship, then perhaps divorce might be the only route. Sometimes marriages have run their course and there is no turning back to a normal relationship. This is especially so if both partners do not love each other anymore and have no desire to remain married.
yosemitefaerie said on
You might have been trying to save your marriage but have you been using the right techniques, sometimes we react in a way that we might deem as the right way, but it might not be seen so by your other half. Try to discover new methods and techniques of helping your marriage. Enlist the help of a professional if needed!
FreshDate said on
It takes two dedicated partners for healthy relationship. It you are the only one putting efforts on saving your marriage then maybe it is about time to file for divorce. Maybe your partner takes you for grantedand the real situation of losing you could make him/her overthink your marriage. But you should know it is a desparate move and if it doesn't wokr there i no coming back. Which might be good for you - will make you free :)
Margoz said on
Sometimes it is better to let go and start a new chapter of your life. Maybe you should file for divorce but discuss it with your spouse first. At least devorce based on common agreement is the cheapest and quickest option :)
morninjoy said on
I shall also suggest to try marriage counseling if you haven't done it yet. This could be the lifebelt you've been missing during last years. If you already have tried everything.. it's about time to file for divorce then. You've done anything possible to save your marriage, accept the fact it is over and open a new page. .
mathisurendran said on
 You say you have been working for years to save your marriage. What sort of problems do you have? It is very easy to divorce, but very difficult to save it. You might think that divorce is an easy way out. But in actual facti it isn;t. Divorce has finality attached to it. It can destroy your mental peace.

Do you have children? Divorce can shatter their lives.It is strange why couples opt for divorce instead of trying to build up their marriages. Everyone has relationship problems. There is no perfect marriage in this whole world. There is no perfect spouse either. I think unless your spouse is a maniac you should try to save your marriage. You will feel you  have made the right choice as you age.

MeganM said on
Don't give up on your marriage unless it is the absolute last choice. Few people ever regret trying to save their relationship. But many regret divorce!
johnperes said on
Yes, here I am totally agree with Soulmate, before file petition you should take advice from experienced counselor, who have plenty of experience in solving these type of disputes. There are various online portals available, if you need a good reference to get something in free then PM me.
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer