Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

If I review my marriage today, I have to do a lot of work to save it. What should I do?

Answers (7)

HotDate said on
How do you feel about your marriage? Like healing it or like leaving it? Ask yourself "what is the best for me" and know there is no good or bad decision - you have to make choice and live with it. Maybe a marriage counselor could help you decide.
SULLIVAN41 said on
Marriage is a partnership that’s meant to last a lifetime. It has a lot to offer in terms of partnership in everyday life, parenthood and old age. Even if it’s a lot of work to save it, you would be better off investing that time and effort if the end result is that you have a relationship that was worth the effort. When you consider the benefits of having a lifelong partner, the answer seems fairly obvious. If you’re hesitating to do the work it might take to save your marriage, try remembering what it was like back when the relationship was working well.
Honorable said on
You cannot save a marriage all by yourself, your spouse will for making things work again is also needed here. No need to play one man show instead of a duo perfomance.. unfortunately it ain't equal. You have two options now - talk with your partner and convince him your marriage is worth saving or file for divorce. You may contact a marriage conselor to help you make your final decision.
lifewanderer said on
If you want to make things better for your relationship, then you just have to grit your teeth and do the neccessary to make things right again. Communicate with your partner and tell him her that you desire for the marriage to be back to where it was in the good times, and that you need his or her help for it. Approaching a professional counsellor can also help take the load off your shoulders and help to speed the process of saving your marriage.
yosemitefaerie said on
If your treasure and value your marriage, then it would be good for you to go through that very work that you find cumbersome and help build your marriage to a peaceful and harmonious one. Nothing ever comes easy, especially if it is worth it. Many people have this consideration that if the marriage is too difficult, they can just have a divorce and avoid all the problems. But you won't learn any valuable lessons from them. Perhaps it is only after thoroughly working through the issues together and if you still find that your marriage is going nowhere that divorce can be on the cards.
FreshDate said on
Well, maybe that page of your life is over and there is nothing wrong in it.
Margoz said on
Do it! Do your best to save your marriage if that is what you want. You know the right answer, you know is this marriage worth saving,you know the love you got for your spouse.. There is no wrong or right desicion here, it is up to what feels good for you at the moment. Wish you lick!
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer