Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

My husband and I have decided to get divorced. Can you tell me how we can place our children for adoption?

Answers (3)

SULLIVAN41 said on
Placing a child up for adoption is a deeply personal and often gut-wrenching decision. Once you’ve decided that’s the best option, there are several choices you’ll face. The first is whether to go through a state or other agency which will make most of the arrangements, or if you’ll have a private adoption where you will locate and work with the adoptive parents you want for your child. For private adoption, you should consult an attorney who specializes in family law. If you wish to go through a state or private agency, you’ll have to do some research to figure out which one best suits the kind of adoption you’d prefer.

fixthis69 said on Sep 29

Why would you even think that with your children. You can can get joint custody of your children. AFTER the divorce.   Im so sad that people would even have that thought of their own Children. There are so many people who cant have  Chidren.
lifewanderer said on
Divorce does not mean that you should put your child up for adoption. It is appalling that you have chosen that path as an option, so I urge that you find some other way to keep custody of your children so as to minimize the trauma to them. They are after all, still your children. If you are still inclined on putting your children up for adoption then your best resource would be to head to a social services centre where they can assist you with your request.
yosemitefaerie said on
Please choose adoption only if you find that there is no other way to get around your issue, and if it truly is the best outcome for your child and his or her welfare. The big danger about putting a kid up for adoption is that he or she might not be adopted at all, and will be an a parentless child in a children's home. The situation could pan out in any way.
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer