Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

I am divorced but I do have kids. How can I keep my relationship strong with them?

Answers (3)

SULLIVAN41 said on
If you’re divorced and don’t have primary physical custody of your children, keeping your relationship with them strong can be challenging. It’s important to spend time with your children, and historically that’s been difficult as living apart provides few opportunities for meaningful interaction. All that has changed, however, as video chat has become a reality. You should plan on taking a few minutes every day to interact with them online. Being a regular part of your child’s life can mean following them on social media and commenting on their posts. Of course you’ll also want to attend any art showings, music recitals and spectator games as well.
lifewanderer said on
Even though you are divorced, it is important to play a big role in the lives of your children and spend lots of quality time with them. You don't want to miss the big moments where the child can look back and remember that his parent was there for him. Communicate with your child on a daily basis through the telephone even if you don't meet him or her in person every day. Ensure the connection does not die down.
yosemitefaerie said on
Don't make your child feel like he or she is at fault for the divorce. If if you don't feel so but are quarelling about your kid infront of them, the child could gerenally feel like they are the true cause of the divorce, which is a very unfair thing to do since a marriage is between you and your spouse. Also, make sure to always keep in touch with your child no matter what so that he or she does not feel like you're abandoning him.
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer