Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Jealousy is killing our marriage.

I'm married, and I get so ridiculously jealous with my husband for the smallest things, and I can't help it! I tried so hard not to be that jealous. It's causing so many problems in our relationship, problems that we can't afford to have at this time in our marriage. We're newly weds, and we have so many things going on in our lives... getting new jobs, moving into a new town, etc. It's stressful enough as it is, and this is just making it worse! When I become jealous I try to hide it and act normal but it is visible and he knows it. I distance myself from him. I can't be intimate in any way. I actually feel repulsed, and I don't want him near me! Help! Help! Help!

Answers (4)

marriage_admin said on
You can help yourself if you want to! You say you are jealous of your husband but what is the cause of that jealously? You have not stated any particular resaon for the issue. Are you a stay-at-home mom? Is your anger/frustration stemming from the fact that he gets to go out and have a life of his own while you stay behind with just looking after the house? Since you are newly weds, I presume you do not have kids yet. You must find a job; being jealous of your husband won't get you anywhere. It will just hamper your relationship with him and lead to a variety of other complications. Please get the jealously out and replace it with understanding, compassion, and love for him. He should be a source of strength for you and likewise. God bless you!

nnnnn said on Jul 28, 2014

You all got all wrong I'm jealous "for" him from other women Not jealous "of" him
Mark said on
Hello nnnn,

If I am taking you right, you have also asked a question previously. Right? I answered it at that time. So, there are two ways I can answer your present question. I consider the aspects and points you laid down in your previous question or I do not consider them and look at it from a fresh prespective.

Initially, I am answering it keeping in my mind your previous question. You may tell me to answer it with a fresh prespective as well.

I think you need to sit down on a couch and contemplate everything that is happening to you. I can see the reason for this jealousy. Your husband had physical contact with another woman but you didn't had any physical contact with another man. You semble to think it the way he has an upper edge or hand over you. Lady, you need to let this thing go away or separate your ways with your husband. I already mentioned this point in your previous question that you need to get over that incident in your life. Move ahead, and start loving your husband again.

Savor the love between you and your husband. Forget the past, and if you can't, manipulate yourself to do so, and if you still can't do so, you need to get a break from the married life. But I would still suggest you to think positive, talk to your husband, love him as much as you can, do things for him, do not feel jealous of him, rather feel proud of his presence as your husband.

Now, get up off the couch and come back again to contemplate your life, and to introspect your decisions. This is also called as meditation.  

In the end, you may wish to ignore my answer if your previous question has nothing to do with this question.

You all got all wrong I'm jealous "for" him from other women Not jealous "of" him
And yea sense the cheating thing I became more scared from any contact he has with another female even if shes is Co worker .. I'm afraid that one thing will lead to another and he will cheat on me again ..I'm sorry no one understood my question

Mark said on Jul 29, 2014

Oh. So, you are feeling insecure of your position as a wife to your husband. There are few points I want you to understand.

1. There are both male and females in a society. So, you can't stop your husband from meeting any other female. It's better you put in some faith in your husband. I know it's very difficult. But since you decided to live with him, you need to keep trying that.
2. Every person is his/her own master. He has all the right to choose you or any other women. It's only about what is right and wrong. If he is committed to you as your husband and still decides to get close to some other woman, he is at wrong. Conclusion - If you think he is not faithful to you, take a break, understand life, and introspect. Such breaks are very beneficial sometimes.
3. I can suggest you another activity. You should answer questions on this forum. Go through some old and new questions. You will know how much complicated lives people live. It will give you a fresh perspective of things. It will increase you empathy quotient. Believe me, it helps!

I hope you recover from this emotional turmoil soon. I know its hard but you need to be strong. Be happy!
Daniel said on
Hello mam,

I don't really get it. Something is definitely missing in your question. Jealousy always has its origins. You said you are jealous of him. But why are you jealous of him? There has to be some reason.

Thank you!

said on
family_forever
​More than jealous you are being totally insecure about your husband. Please stop torturing yourself and ruining your marriage with this behaviour. Like mentioned before, replace these negative feelings with love and trust, if you decided to give this relationship a shot, you need to be fair and learn to trust him. Or else, you are just heading for a big loss. Please correct your attitude and bring the love back.
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer