Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Handling divorce and kids at same time gets difficult. Please tell me about few things for which I need to be mindful.

Answers (3)

SULLIVAN41 said on
When you’re going through a divorce, chances are you’re going to get run down and stressed. You’ll need extra help and self-care during this time to make sure you stay healthy and can handle the extra stress. Your children are experiencing a similar rise in stress levels and may act out or bottle up their emotions in response to the situation. They also need extra TLC throughout this time. Be sure to watch for signs of adolescent depression in teens, and have age-appropriate conversations with children to help them understand what’s happening and how to deal with their feelings.
lifewanderer said on
I think what's important to know is that while this is a very personal issue for you, you have a responsibility to ensure the welfare of your children both physically and psychologically. This is because children might not understand the reasons for your personal decision of divorcing your spouse. If you find it overwhelming, get your family and friends to assist you when you need to take a break and do some reflection.
yosemitefaerie said on
When things get difficult, try to get yourself to relax and you will find that you can handle the situation better. If you need help, don't be shy to ask, because the welfare of your kids are at stake as well! Get your parents or other family members or friends to help take care of your children while you rest and recuperate from what is probably the whirlwind that is going on in my life now.
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer