Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Domestic violence facts mostly show women enduring pain. Why are women still ill-treated?

Answers (3)

SULLIVAN41 said on
Many women are treated badly in dysfunctional relationships, primarily because their partners don’t understand how abusive they are. Even for the woman in question, abuse may seem normal based on past relationships. In addition, the interaction between them and their partners is not 100% negative. There are a lot of positives to be gained even from a bad relationship, such as affection, financial stability and taking care of children together. That’s why a lot of women stay in abusive situations when, from the outside it seems clear that she should leave. Women who leave under these conditions also face a lot of hardship and may fear retribution.
lifewanderer said on
I'm sad to say this, but many men are indeed more violent than women. This could be because they do not know how to handle their emotions as well as women, but whatever, because it's still the wrong mindset. Often times women also put themselves at the mercy of their husbands - being unemployed, having no social circle of supportive friends and even family basically they have built a life around their spouse. This thus makes them less confident of leaving their husbands even when things have gone violent. And by staying, they could actually escalate the situation.
yosemitefaerie said on
Many cultures are still rather patriarchical in nature, which tends to put the needs and opinions of males first. While today we are fighting fervently for women's rights, the sad reality is that we have a long way to go still due to the power oppressions of male dominated cultures. These cultures treat women as second-class, and may resort to justifying any domestic violence on the woman as a form of discipline towards her.

I hope that in time women are truly seen as equals to men, but I take heart that we are making good headway.
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer