Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

I am a gay and have been facing many difficulties till date. Need some practical relationship advice.

Answers (3)

SULLIVAN41 said on
Many people think that homosexual relationships are fundamentally different from heterosexual ones, but that’s really not the case. A romance between two people involves intimacy and vulnerability, which means there needs to be an underlying trust and respect between them. When trust is broken or one party feels disrespected by the other, it always causes problems for the relationship. Gay relationships may be further complicated by lack of familial support and religious community, but in other ways they are exactly like heterosexual marriages. If you’re gay and looking for help with your relationship, you can also seek couples counseling.
lifewanderer said on
What sort of difficulties are you facing? Gay relationships can sometimes face a lot of discrimination and stigma, so I understand that somehow you might be stressed. However, I feel that most gay relationships are normal relationships after all, so it's important to have realistic expectations of it. Do your best to communicate with your partner and try to see things in his/her shoes.
yosemitefaerie said on
Try searching on the internet and you will find a whole host of practical advice on your relationship that are applicable regardless of your sexual orientation. For example, try not to be passive aggressive towards your partner, because it can lead to a lot of un-needed stress and anxiety between the both of you.
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer